It's Not Adieu, But Au Revoir

'Dear Jane, 
Michael had the compass so the picture is for you. Au revoir. 
Mary Poppins. 

She read it out loud until she came to the words she couldn't understand. 
"Mrs. Brill!" she called. "What does 'au Revoir' mean?"
"Au revoir, deary?" shrieked Mrs. Brill from the next room. "Why doesn't it mean - let me see, I'm not up in these foreign tongues - doesn't it mean 'God bless you'? No. No, I'm wrong. I think, Miss Jane dear, it means To meet again."
Jane and Michael looked at each other. Joy and understanding shone in their eyes. 
Michael have a long sigh of relief. "That's all right," he said shakily. "She always does what she says she will." He turned away. 
"Michael are you crying?" Jane asked. 
He twisted his head and tried to smile at her.
"No, I am not," he said. "It's only my eyes."'

Never, ever did I think I would be writing this post. 

"Blog hiatus" was always something other bloggers did (ones who went through a personal season of grief or who outgrew their blog or decided to take the public focus off of their families). None of those apply to me. 

I'm just tired. Life is a lot right now (not in any major upheaval way, nothing horrible has happened, don't worry). It's just a lot. And I've felt tired since November and that's never really gone away. 

These last few weeks I kept thinking, "I haven't blogged in a while, I need to post," or "I should post." But I don't have much in me right now. 

Life is very tender and full and busy right now, and I need to live it during the next few months. Just looking ahead in my calandar reveals what I already know in my gut: I won't have time - or energy - to blog. 

I'm a full-time college student at a demanding liberal arts college, with an 18-hour semester, and a part-time job who is trying to do well in classes and enjoy this last precious semester, and most importantly, graduate. 

I've learned by now that something has to give. And for right now, unfortunately, that's this little spare oom. So until the last bit of this particular season is over, I need to say goodbye. 

Better to announce it rather than resolving to post regularly and then fail, no? 

I will miss this space and the sweet readers who still check in despite my silence lately. Know that this is not the end, I'm not disappearing forever like Bilbo from the Shire. I'll still be posting over on my favorite social media platform, my Instagram account (and let's be honest, mini-blogging with my paragraph-long captions). 

And of course, I'll still be reading your blogs. There's so much inspiration and encouragement and support in this lovely blogging world, so I haven't any intention of cutting myself off from the community. I just need to keep my words to myself for a while. And retreat from this dear old corner for a bit. 

As the words from Lucy's song sing, 

I'll be back. 

Until then, au revoir. 

Comments

  1. I've never left a comment on your blog before, but I've been reading for quite some time. I do believe your blog is the first blog I ever read, and the one that inspired me to eventually start blogging! You will be missed! Good luck finishing up you're degree. I hope life has great things in store for you! I'll be following via Instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!