Back to the Old Way...

Monday, October 26, 2015


I have to admit I've gotten a little tired of this new idea of what a blog is.

I don't want to see a plethora of posts about various rich girls in Italy or Sweden with their Herm├Ęs bags and Louis Vuitton heels. 

Even the idea of being authentic has become a hipster trend. And many blogs focus on one thing: DYI, recipes, fashion, decorating, etc. (which isn't necessarily bad, but there seems to be this pressure to blog only about whatever your specific niche is). 

But when I find myself opening up the Bloglovin app or hungry for some posts, to read and hear from fellow women and men, from fellow bloggers...it's because I want to read their stories. 

I want to read about life - the real, the gritty, the mundane, the exciting, the boring, the inspirational. 

That's why I started blogging. Why I started (and why I keep on) reading blogs. 

To find rest for my weary soul in words from kindred spirits, from fellow souls who understand that this thing called Life is something to both mourn and celebrate. That there's hard seasons and good ones. 

And I hope that's what this little space is for you. A place where you can laugh, sigh, learn where to get some great inexpensive boots, chat about thrift store clothes, read about heartache and growing pains, and find encouragement. And celebrate - breathe - the moments in between. 

So that's what this blog will be...because I'm a real girl with messiness and lots of feelings. I've got a love for words, a desire for connection and kindred spirits and for saying 'ah, you too? I thought I was the only one,' and a heart for fellow feelers + lovers of life. 

I hope this little space reminds you of the raw, real, messy beauty of life...that it's not perfect, but that it's always worthwhile.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Megan D said...

I love reading all of your posts!

Emily Elizabeth said...

Keep it up and don't ever stop!

Sarah F said...

Yes, that is what I like about blogs also! and why I still blog with all the other types of media formats out there. : )
I love to read and write things that are real, messy, stories. About all sorts of things. Keep on going!

Laura @ Life Is Beautiful said...

Agree. We were blogging before it was cool. ;)

Elizabeth said...

This post is why I love your blog! I love to read the real, raw, messy, the imperfect stories. Please don't ever stop!

Susanna said...

Yes, do keep it up. I love your blog the way it is. I love the simple down to earth feel.I hope to capture the same bits and pieces of reality (in all its perfect imperfectness) on my blog as well. Keep it up : )

Stephanie Therese said...

I'm right there with you on that one, Grace! That's what I try to do with my blog too. And I love your blog, most especially for the way you are so real and how you share your heart. :)

Hannah Deno said...

Oh yesyesyes
I've been thinking on these things as well. My biggest blogging fear is that I'll get too caught up in wanting to be like the big name bloggers out there that I forget what I really love about blogging and writing. Followers come and go, but in the end, I'll be the one reading my blog in ten years, and I want to be proud and happy with what I wrote.
I love your blog so much, Grace! Keep it up, girl!

Emily Ruth said...

I love this so much. I go to DIY blogs when I need a DIY idea, but when it comes to enjoying reading blog posts I do look for the blogs, like you said, where people just write about real life, not Pinterest projects.

Grace K. said...

Thank you so much, Megan! <3

Grace K. said...

I'll do my very best, Emily. Thanks for your encouragement. <3

Grace K. said...

Waaaaaaay back in ye old days before blogging celebrities. ;) We were the true hipsters

Grace K. said...

Thank you for your sweet comment AND for reading, Elizabeth!

Grace K. said...

Agreed! I love hearing about the people behind the blog...it's all about that human connection. :)