Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Paris, Je t'aime!


Yes...there's a reason I've been pinning to my travel board lately, a reason why I've been on edge regarding stress (hoping + praying that my passport would come in on time), and why I'm elated to finally pack all my striped shirts together...

I'm going to Paris this summer!

Well, in less than two weeks to be exact...I know, I know...there's been no mention  on the blog, on IG, or anywhere lately as I've been keeping it under wraps for a while and only a few friends + family members have known. This is all because this trip literally came together about a month and a half ago when my mother and I were discussing study abroad options. 

If you know me in real life or even in the blog world, I love Europe and have always dreamed of going there...but the moneys are kind of a necessity and summer programs are preeeeetty darn expensive, so I figured it just wasn't meant to be. Fast forward to February a little bit after my birthday, I was chatting with my mother and wistfully telling her it was a pity I couldn't finish my language requirements in France (since I have to take more than two semesters of French) and how if only I could, because that would free up my course load senior year. A couple phone calls later and serious discussions about loans and fundraising, my parents told me that they thought this was an opportunity that they wanted me to have.

So...in June, I will be in Paris, studying French through a study abroad program with several classmates, and living with a French family. It's only just starting to feel real, but it's still hard to believe that next month I'll be strolling by the Seine, gazing at the Eiffel Tower, and sipping coffee outside a cafe while people watching. 

Because I'll be taking classes, I'm not sure what blogging will look like next month, but if you want to be overwhelmed with shots of the Paris skyline, countless croissants, and my feet on cobblestone streets, then you can follow along on Instagram, where I'll undoubtedly be 'gramming up a storm. Apologies in advance...but not really. ;)

Also, packing/places to visit/eat suggestions are more than welcome - hit me up with any and all advice!! I'm hoping to visit as many countries as I can squeeze into a month (most notably ENGLAND), so allll advice is appreciated. 

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Have fun in Paris. That will be the experience of a lifetime. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carmen! I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. WHAAAAH? Congrats. It can take a LOOONG time to save, but I've never regretted a penny that I spent on travel. I hope you have the time of your life. PLEASE keep us updated : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO JEALOUS!!!!! I can't wait to hear more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll be able to post while there!!

      Delete
  4. OHMYGOODNESS! Yay! How fun! I'll keep up with ya on insta- can't wait for all those artsy pics;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 19, 2015

    Gahhh!!! I'm SOOOO jealous! ;-) You'll have an absolute blast! Any part of France is amazing, but Paris is magnificent.
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, it feels so surreal - I know a few bloggers who are visiting right now and I'm jealous of them too, then I remember I'll be there in a week!

      Delete
  6. This is wonderful! Congratulations! I'm expecting lots of blogging from Paris... ;) Know that.

    The Starving Inspired
    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Grace, that's so exciting!!! Traveling / studying abroad is one of those things that is so expensive that many people just forgo it... But I'm with you and your parents -- it's the kind of experience that really is worth it, and now, when you're young and still in school, is the time to do it. So I'm so glad you're going for it! Have such an amazing time!!! Can't wait to see all your pictures! :)
    I'm going to England this summer (leaving next week, actually) for about 2 weeks! I am SO excited!!! Yay for both our summer European adventures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!! I can't wait for those IG overloads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so cool!!!! :):) if you come to munich, germany i might see you ;) (cuz i live there/in the area) definitely go to the eiffel tower at night time!! its supposed to beautiful! and take a ton of pictures!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so very excited for you girl! Enjoy every minute of your trip! I love Paris!
    I can't wait to see your pictures!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!