Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday Style: Back to Black




dress// thrift store
scarf// gifted
heels// thrift store
earrings// Icing

Hello, friends! Long time, no see...things got a little quiet around here despite the plethora of posts I had slated to be published. The last week of classes was an insane one with tests, projects, and even a few finals that came early. This weekend was extra packed with friends visiting from out of town, an end of the year ball, and several senior events for my dear friends who are graduating. 

Which calls for some dressier attire...I've had to dress up (as in actually dress up) four times in the past two weeks, and graduation hasn't even arrived yet! And when I'm having one of those days when I don't want to fit myself into formal clothes or it's been a long week and I just really want to wear a t-shirt and yoga pants...I somehow always go back to black. 

It's such a classic, as Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and any style icon displays. Instantly chic, sophisticated, and put-together, it's hard to go wrong in black. I especially love layering separates rather than a black dress (although those have their moments also). 

And of course, if you go black, it's all in the excessories. Cue all things gold + leopard - my fashion obsessions and forever style classics. Let me know if you'd like to see some more formal dress posts - since the season of graduations, weddings, bridal/baby showers, etc. is upon us!

Happy Monday - I'm off to get lunch with friends + then take my first "test" final!

5 comments:

  1. Judging by how much black I have in my closet, I'd be a very classy Benedictine. ;) Lookin' good, Grace! As always.

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a good black dress. I wore one today for my jury! :)
    Good luck this week!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Your earrings really pop and make the outfit. I love black, though I'm a sucker for bright colors as well =) Good luck iwth all you're end of the year endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the earrings! And yes, formal posts all the way! :) Good luck with finals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely look, your earrings are beautiful! good luck with finals :)

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!