Roots + Stripes

Monday, April 20, 2015


 




shirt//Hollister
leggings//George
boots//Forever21
glasses//Ralph Lauren

It's no secret that I love stripes...they're versatile, effortlessly chic, and delightful in any form of clothing on any body type! I adore them so much they're kind of my signature look. Right after my last post (with this same top), we had a string of rainy, nasty grey days...so the leggings came back out.

This has been one of my go-to outfits this semester. Whether I'm making a coffee run, going to class, studying in my room, or anything else really. It's one of those outfits that feels like cheating because it has a "I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-want-to-be-ultry-comfy-today" feel, but looks instantly relaxed casual + cute. Yes, please.

Also, can we talk about my roots for a moment? They are very much there...a friend asked if I'm going to re-dye my hair and I've seriously considered it because that's how much I love being blonde, but I'm going to go ahead and let it grow out. I'm actually enjoying the process as I will finally get to live out my blonde ombre dreams that I've had for the past four years.

What's your go-to outfit, friends? Happy Monday - may your coffee and tea be extra strong today!

10 comments:

  1. Oooh! Stripes! I adore stripes, I can't ever resist a top with stripes on it. And I'm sure you'll look lovely with ombre hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another stripes fan! So lovely to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, stripes. I have way too many of them in my closet.

    Once your hair grows enough, you should consider getting it ombred :) It would look so pretty, especially with the dyed color.

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo, never too many stripes! And thanks, Iris - I think I'll give ombre a whirl. :)

      Delete
  3. Once again, you're adorable as heck. Please share. xoxo mozziee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as adorable as you. xoxoxxo Elli

      Delete
  4. I love stripes too - especially white with navy stripes! My mom is always telling me I have too many striped things... But no, never too many ;)

    And you are adorable, and that is such a cute and comfy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can NEVER have too many striped articles of clothing...such wisdom. ;) And thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  5. Haha...when I read the title I instantly thought of Jimmy Fallon's band, The Roots. You're hair is almost as cool as the drummer for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahhaha, I WISH my hair was as cool as their drummer's! #daymade

      Delete