Weekend Links

Saturday, February 14, 2015


I realized it's been a while since I did a link round up of some of my favorite Internet pieces lately, and since I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for my excellent-and-tastefully-curated post, here it is. You know, if you don't have Valentine's Day plans (all the single ladies, as B says)...

This one's for any fashion blogger, but also for all of us who occasionally venture out in this crazy, can't make up its mind weather - tips for taking photos in cold weather by the always brilliant ABM girls.

I love Tsh's posts about life, needing quiet + space, and basically anything else she posts, so her 5 Ways I Stay Sane on the Internet is something I needed to read. Soak up her wisdom! (....As you read this on the Internet...cough)

Despite being a photographer, I've enjoyed not lugging my camera around this semester - I'm not taking any photography classes and senior photoshoot season hasn't started yet - and I'm oddly addicted to using my phone to take pictures. I love the ease and creativity it offers in capturing the simple moments. These tips for All You iPhone Photographers are gold.

I've written countless times about how I'm getting better about being kind to myself, which has involved not feeling guilty about doing quite a few of these 17 ways to make yourself happier right now.

Are you in a long-term relationship? I'm not (single since birth peeps put your hands up!), but I enjoyed every minute of reading Carrie's post about Being Young + In a Long-Term Relationship in which she talks about how she and her fiance met as kids.

For those of us who have struggled with running late before, here's why we do it...

I love the fabulous Julia and her post about what to do when you can't sleep speaks perfectly to the night-owl artist in me.

Emily Freeman is one of my favorite writers, period. And this post about how she keeps track of what she's learned each month is lovely. And this one rattled my soul, in the good way. And this one, this one, this one too...in fact, just go read her whole blog.

Also, can we take a minute to appreciate my brilliant friends and their excellent taste? I received a total of four different mugs for my birthday last week...but the one that produced the most reaction (read: screaming) from me was this one. Well done, Katie. Well done, indeed.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Emily Elizabeth said...

I love this list!! Now I am off to read way more blogs than I need too but you recommended them soo off i go. :)

The Starving Inspired said...

PINEAPPLE. This is a great list. :)
The Starving Inspired

Josiah said...

Yea, single since birth peep checkin' in!

Grace K. said...

Pineapple is always a good thing. Thanks, Iris!

Grace K. said...

Blog-reading is a favorite pastime of mine, so I'm all too happy to provide some good reads! :)

Grace K. said...

Whooooo, welcome to the club.