Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Style




In addition to my hair color changing this year, my style has evolved also...I'm come a long way from 16-year-old me. But then again, it's been a six year process. ;) I celebrated my 22nd birthday last weekend and it feels good to be heading into the mid-twenties. 

I find that my sense of style tends to shift slightly every other year or so...which I think is perfectly natural and just a sign that you're changing + growing up. I've gone from wearing bright colors head to toe during freshman year to slowly transitioning into a love of dark colors, neutrals + dark denim. 

There's something refreshing about a simplistic wardrobe, especially when classes + commitments + work begin to pile up. Dark jeans, a simple shirt, edgy jacket + ankle boots make for a simple outfit that takes less than 5 minutes to put together and makes you look like you've got it all together. I don't know about you, but during these chilly + busy days, that sounds perfect to me. 

Happy Monday, friends!

17 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous and so healthy. I love love love your glasses xx

    http://marianoell217.blogspot.co.uk

    x Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria! I was definitely afraid of breakage due to how many rounds of bleach I had to undergo, but I was pleasantly surprised by how it didn't! And Ralph Lauren frames for the win... :)

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit! I must admit, in high school I was all bout finding really crazy quirky expressive pieces. I'm talking bright red silk shirts with polka dots and a ribbon bow in front. As I've gotten a bit older, my style as definitely evolved. In fact, I also feel that it evolves regularly... like every six months. I still love wearing quirky stuff, but most of my clothes are a lot simpler. It is just easier to look put together if your closet is full of simple dark pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quirkiness is always good! I wore crazy bright colors my first year or so in college and tons of vintage style. I agree 100% with you...dark, simple pieces are so effortless!

      Delete
  3. Adorable!!!

    Any chance you have recommendations for a good-quality ankle boot? I'm in search for a pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M dear - and yes! Forever 21 is a great resource for durable ankle boots that don't break the bank. That's where the ones above are from. Payless is also good.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, beautiful Jesssssica.

      Delete
  5. You are too adorable! I love this outfit so much. I'm going through a bit of style evolution right now and alternate between polka dots and all black. It's kind of a problem, but I don't care that much. ;)
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, you are too sweet - thank you, friend! And polka dots + black are never a bad thing. ;)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby!! Hope you're having fun in Spain!

      Delete
  7. I love this style on you. That simple shirt is adorable. YOU are adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm blushing - thank you!

      Delete
  8. That third picture is model quality! You look amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that made my day! Thanks, Carey. :)

      Delete
  9. I love the green jacket! I think they are going to be popular this year. This is awesome!
    ~Racic | Washed by the Water

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!