Friday Feelings

via my inspiration board

Oh, hi. I'm just casually pulling myself from my bed and trying desperately to tame my dried-while-I-slept-and-thus-is-sticking-up-everywhere hair...while sipping coffee to wake myself up, trying to finish French homework + blasting tunes.

Does anyone else feel like this week was a train that wouldn't slow down and just kept crashing? Caitlin + I were texting this morning about photos and rotten mornings...sometimes it feels the universe conspires against us. So naturally, we decided to build a time machine and go blow up this past week. I suggested we kill Hitler (Whovians? Ya get me?)

As I was formerly sighing about, this week was just rough. But then again, I suppose I just don't want to admit ever week is rough. Assignments, rushing from meetings to meetings, waiting in long lines, ignoring the shambles my room is currently in because I have no time to clean, stacking mugs on the counter, frantically trying to order a planner and my credit card deciding it hated me by refusing to work, and accidentally forgetting to text two different people back then remembering days later.

Like I said...rough week. So I'm stopping the presses and changing my plans to go to the Pro-Life rally this weekend in Austin. As much as I want to, I need to take care of myself. I've learned after almost three years in college that it never works out well if I run myself ragged...and here we are, in the second week of the semester and I'm already exhausted.

Time management is hard, but sometimes you have to say 'No.' People have been talking about their word for the year - words like Hope, Grace, Believe, Brave. And y'all...mine is No.

Last semester, I was better at it, but slipped back into my old ways of "Oh! Let me help you and you and you and reorganize my own schedule and bend over backwards even if it inconveniences me!" No more. I'm taking back my life and my schedule, because in December God radically showed me that it's okay to take care of myself. 

Even more shocking, it's incredibly important that I take care of myself. And that means guarding my time. Because every "yes" is a "no" to something or someone else.

So I'm saying no this weekend, and yes to getting a proper amount of sleep, to cleaning my room, to organizing my life, to replying to emails, to doing what I need to in preparation for next week. To be a person who's whole, not ragged and run to pieces. I don't ever want to be that again.

Happy Friday, friends - hope your weekend is one of rest + relaxation also!

Comments

  1. Why would we kill Hitler, let's just put him in the cupboard. xD xD

    Love this!! You're such a sparkling soul. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understood that reference. *feels proud*

      Delete
    2. Yes!!! Whovians, unite! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!