Real Life Yo

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy autumn (officially)!

1. It's one of those days where you wake up and promptly want to go back to bed.  Whoooooo. This is probably due in part to getting all my homework done by midnight, but then staying up for one of those great late night talks with one of my best girls. Always worth it.

2. Thankfully, my first class today was ballet, which always wakes me up. I leave feeling stretched (in a good way), loose + limber, and ready to dance more. We worked on pirouettes, pique turns, and everything else involving spinning. We were all quite dizzy by the end.

3. Coconut mocha flavored coffee is the bomb dot com. My roommate has a Keurig, which she graciously allows me to use so I picked up a new flavor of coffee (the aforementioned coconut mocha) and am loving it. It has a great flavor that's not too overpowering.

4. I'm finally getting ready for fall and cooler weather. Yesterday was the first official day of Autumn (or l'Automne, since I'm practicing my daily French) and it was in the 60's that morning. Heavenly! Of course, fall fashion is something I'm looking forward to especially: like this outfit of Kendi's.

5. Speaking of fall, Taza's apple picking post featuring her adorable children is so pretty - as are Sarah + KJP's autumn bridge outfits.

6. My love of French spilled over into my graphic design class the other day when I designed an art deco Eiffel Tower in various shades of pink + purple. What can I say? Paris is hard to resist.

7. My love affair with La Croix is still going strong. My favorite flavors are the coconut (surprise, surprise) and the cran-raspberry.

8. One of my best friends Leslie graduated college and moved to England! She's attending grad school in Kingston, and while I miss her dearly, I couldn't be more excited for the new adventures that await her in the country of Tolkien, Lewis, and Harry Potter. Plus, she's in the same area as Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston, So many feels, I can't even. She's blogging about her experience here, and it's a must read!

9. Dorm room pictures should be up later this week - and I have a fun surprise for Monday. In the meantime, I'm reading up on photography books and just started Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time for the book club I'm in. I read it in high school, but somehow never finished it, so I'm excited to learn the rest of Meg, Calvin, and Charles Wallace's adventures.

What are you up to this week, friends? Read any good books lately? What are you looking forward to about autumn? 



1 comment:

  1. Oh, grace! You just HAVE to get out here to Paris someday! It's wonderful in ways I hadn't expected, and there is still so very much to discover!

    Wish you could be here!

    ReplyDelete