Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sunlight + Shadows


I close my eyes, burying chin in shoulder as I turn my head to the side. Grass presses against my cheek, cool and whispering against my skin with soft scratching.


 Your head's by mine, your eyes closed too as you tip your chin back, drinking in the haze that buries us in golden light.

Everything's light and sunstreaks and shadows gentle on our feet, faintly rimming the edges of us. My hand clasps yours as the earth pounds her ceaseless cycle of life beneath our bodies. 

In...

out...

sun...

shadow...

air...

grow...

stretch...

reach...

Your other hands rests perfectly in the crook of my knee, one thumb gently moving over smooth skin. My eyes are still closed.

Winter is finally over. Spring has come, bringing her beautiful and full cousin Summer with her. 

I breathe in deeply, silently. The scent of fresh grass, warm air, a new season, of life. My eyes open. Yours gaze back at me, blue-green and light. Happy + steady + the ocean I never want stop sinking in. They tell me there's no where else you'd rather be.

I smile and lean in to kiss you, because I do it often. And my eyes tell you the same thing. 

fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!