Single + Free

Friday, August 22, 2014


Hello, friends! I hope your Friday finds you well! I'm back at school and busy unpacking and settling in, but you can read my post over at Our Yellow Door about being single + free today! The unbelievably sweet Rachel, who is the brilliant mind behind OYD, graciously allowed me to join the amazing women who are a part of the Singleness Series on her blog. 

Y'all, if you haven't read this series, you need to. It's so chockfull of good advice, real life young women who experienced/are experiencing singleness, and a view centered on Jesus. The single life is a topic I love to talk about, so I'd absolutely love it if you hopped over to join the conversation about living Single and Free


Singleness. It’s a word loaded with heavy - and often negative - connotation in today’s society. Hands up if you've been asked by a pestering aunt, cousin, grandmother, well-meaning family friend, or even your mother whether you've "met someone?"

I graduated high school as a single girl who had never dated. I wasn't going to college to find a husband. 

Even if part of me secretly hoped I would. 

Rather, I tried my hardest to make sure that wasn't what college would be about, despite getting this advice: "Now, you know, Grace, you'll probably meet your future husband in college, so make sure you choose the right one!"

Whoaaaa. Talk about pressure. I dismissed it without a second thought and I'm so glad I did. 

Two years after receiving that advice, I'm still a single girl in college. 

And guess what? I. Love. It. 


Read more here.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Abbey Noelle said...

wow..thank you so much for having the courage to share this. you're truly an inspiration. ♥ xoxo

Rachel Nordgren said...

Grace, I loved your post so much and I'm so honored that you are a part of the Singleness Series. Thank you!

HA! Brilliant mind...I'm not sure about that, but those words definitely put a smile on my face!

The Starving Inspired said...

Preach.
The Starving Inspired
The Starving Inspired

Peregrin said...

"and if I'm flyin' solo/ at least I'm flyin' free!" ~ defying gravity

you're beautiful, Grace, absolutely beautiful, and thank you for being so honest and inspiring. ♥♥