1. It's finally starting to feel real that I'm heading back to college in a couple weeks (as an old junior!), so now full prep-mode is starting. I'm realizing all the things I need to do before then, like order books + new glasses. But first, I'm soaking up these lazy + sometimes rainy summer days with a good book and coffee.
2. For all my college girls out there (there's quite a few of you heading off as freshmen!), this post In Defense of Leaving is so beautiful. It perfectly expresses how I feel about the idea of "leaving." Also, this complete college packing list is a pretty great one. I know I was a mad woman scouring the isles of Target in panic to make sure I had EVERYTHING I needed before I headed off to college. Breathe, girls, breathe. You get through it, with all things that you need, I promise.
3. In movie news, I feel like I am finally joining the rest of the world as I've now seen Captain America and The Lego Movie - and loved both, obviously. Now I just need to see How to Train Your Dragon and the X-Men series and I'll feel properly caught up.
4. I've gushed many times about my love for wearing just concealer + setting it with loose power (I'm not a foundation fan, feels too heavy), so this contouring tutorial using just concealer by the ABM team is one of my favorite posts ever. Keiko Lynn also posted a great one.
5. The story inspiration for the YA fantasy series I've been working on for years is coming on full and fast thanks to Pinterest. I've pinned some to this board, which has been so helpful for plotting not only the first but also the successive books. Also, writing soundtracks are excellent for inspiration: Lord of the Rings, Merlin, Star Wars, and surprisingly the Game of Thrones soundtrack.
6. Chick-fil-A's iced coffee finally came out and I am full blown obsessed with the Original flavor (it also comes in French Vanilla, which I find too sweet). I may or may not have had it every day since its release.
7. One of my dear college friends and dorm mates is currently finishing up her studying abroad in Europe - she's currently in Scotland, lucky girl. Her delightful, quirky + lovely blog Acquiring American Anglophilia is one of my new favorite reads. She's just as wonderful as her posts sound and she recounts her England adventures so well that I've wanted to hop on a plane after reading each one. Her post describing the discovery that London is her city almost brought tears to my eyes, because I feel the same way, even though I've yet to visit England.
8. Everything outfit that Kendi posts on her blog is instantly something I want in my own closet + this white shorts one is no exception. Love how she uses neutrals!
9. I've been musing lately about both the hard and the holy in life, as MaryBeth eloquently + beautiful puts it. What do you find hard or holy in your life? For me, it's family for both. They're so helpful on the path to holiness, which is precisely what makes living out that holiness towards them so hard. It's an everyday battle to die to self!
10. Super excited to see that Amanda has her own weekly series going now, called 'Finally Friday.' So much fun - I love reading her posts. And I'm also loving my foxy lady Caitlin's 'Strikes My Fancy' posts. So much greatness in the blogsphere.
Happy Wednesday, friends - hope your week is going well!