1. I know I mentioned this last week after I got back from the Real Madrid game, but I am in love. Can we just talk about how gorgeous bae #1 is?
(And yes, I'm completely ignoring the fact that he's in a committed relationship and is a dad...or perhaps that's what makes him so safe. We'll never ever be together!) Anyways. I usually stay calm when it comes to guys - unless we're talking about Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Richard Armitage - but this is the first time I am fangirling hard over an athlete.
2. My younger brother has started re-watching LOST again. From the first season. I'm not sure how I feel about this...I did get sucked into the two episodes leading up to the entire series finale and shocked myself by bawling over the death of major characters who I haven't thought about it years.
SPOILER: I literally could not keep it together during the submarine sinking scene with Sun + Jin....and the bomb explosion with Syaid!!! WAH. It was like Rose and Tennant's Doctor all over again. I hate evil TV writers who wreck my emotions. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Moffat.
3. My sunglasses collection is becoming quite legit. As of right now, I have 8 (9?) pairs ranging from cat-eye to aviator to John Lennon-esque round ones. These sorts of problems are good ones.
Also, I feel like you can get away with saying anything while wearing sunglasses...Thanks, Kristen.
4. I discovered the lovely Rachel's blog last month and her series on singleness is truly one of my favorite weekly reads. There is so much truth and real talk in the posts she shares! Read this week's post here.
5. This post and this one about Robin Williams, who passed away this week. He was a man who brought much laughter to my life and to others'.
6. I loved reading Sophie's refreshingly different view of the "how to grow your readership" posts...instead, she urges you to be original. It is certainly frustrating to stay true to yourself in the blogsphere when so many bloggers have a huge readership base and are sponsored, thus causing more and more people to start blogs in the hopes of becoming internet famous quickly also.
For me, it's been something I've thought of and struggled with a great deal recently - how much do I blog for myself and how much is for readers? I loved the freedom I felt during my first years of blogging when I felt I could share whatever and whenever I wanted. Now, there seems to be so much pressure to be as specific and professional as possible. It's all about what you can offer the reader. Which, as a blog reader myself, I completely understand that. But guess what? It's your blog...so you should really write for you. If other people like your voice and point of view, that's great. But it doesn't define you as a person or give you more/less "worth" online. Just some thoughts...
7. This 25 ways to feel less alone list reminded me how much I love being alone, despite my extroverted nature. I've a secret introvert side that grows stronger each year.
8. I just discovered Emma Approved (again, lightyears behind the rest of the blog world) and am hooked. I loved the modern day, YouTube series "The Lizzy Bennet Diaries" and think this series based on Austen's Emma is just as good.
Firstly, Mr. Knightley? Adore.
Secondly, I want all of Emma's clothes. And her hair. And her makeup skills.
And her mod, chic office. Kaythanksbye.
9. Just 10 bajillion more reasons (like these 19) why I love Mindy Kaling. She tells it like it is. Like what every girl thinks when she's arguing with the guy she likes. Or how we FB stalk potential love interests. Or sass it up.
10. And lastly, this is how I've felt all week (and last week too, to be honest). Jack's got it figured out.
How's your week going, friends? Do you have an unrealistic crush? Or a new series you're watching?