Weekend Links

Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy weekend friends! I just finished work and am kicking back to plan out the next two days. I'm heading to a wedding tomorrow (I just might wear THE DRESS) and in general, looking forward to relaxing. Anyways! These past two weeks have produced some truly fantastic posts around the Web, so I thought I'd share some of my favorites. 

I have a huge style crush on Grace's (of Camp Patton) daughter Julia. Her style + hilarious sayings always make my day. 

I've been itching to get back into a smoothie routine as I love them. Jenni's green one + her recent obsession with them have inspired me. 

Are you studying or traveling abroad? If so, you are one lucky duck. Take me with you. I'm not heading to Europe this summer, unfortunately, but if I was, Kendi's post about packing for a trip abroad is great. 

Amanda's post about making a long distance relationship work is simply beautiful. Go read it. 

Do you wear primer? I've never understood why before and always brushed it off as something I didn't need, but Essie Button has me rethinking that. 

Long hair can be a pain in the summer (I admit that I have it up in a top knot or messy bun 99.99% of the time) but I love these 17 long hairstyles.

Like Emily, I've always loved ring trays but have never shelled out money for one because they're usually so pricy - for just a little dish! But this simple tutorial to make you own looks lovely. Perfect for college girls!

Food for thought: do you hug + kiss your friends? I'm a very touchy person, so I hug + touch (hand on arm, poke, tickle, etc) friends all the time. But I only greet people with a kiss on the cheek when I'm in Texas visiting my mom's family, who are Hispanic. I love the European fashion of this and wish it were more found in America! It's somehow very disarming + turns even the meeting of strangers into something friendly. 

2 comments:

  1. Julia is adorable! I was in stitches by the end of that post!
    Not traveling either, but I am going on a three day conference. The only bad part is that we have to wear group t shirts. Grrrr.
    Be sure to post a photo of the dress--I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great links! I have always wore eyeshadow primer since I started wearing makeup. It really works! I can totally relate to the whole hug+kisses when greeting people, even complete strangers. My family is from Colombia and I go to a Hispanic parish so that's kinda how I greet everyone. Have a fun weekend girly!

    ReplyDelete