Real Life Wednesday

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


1. Summer is basically stripes season in my book. Just like Autumn is the universal signal to  "Wear alllllllllll the scarves," summer = stripes and everything nautical. I realized it was a full blown obsession when looking at my Pinterest boards that had maybe 347 striped shirts. However, the obsession reached an all-time high on Sunday when  my two brothers and I accidentally all wore stripes to Mass. We're such hipsters.

2. This is essentially my Instagram life. No shame

3. I actually WORKED OUT on Monday. I know, I can't believe it either. As in, legitimately exercised by doing some heavy cardio Zumba videos from my instructor days. I've been walking all summer, and I'm on my feet all the time at work, but this was my first real "workout" that wasn't walking or dancing since.........2013? Isn't that horrible? I went from being an exercise freak in high school to the girl in college who grimaces at even the thought of running. 

4. I think my body's realized it + I are heading back to college (what?) in a few weeks because all I can think about is SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. 

5. I've read so much in the past month,  it's a bit ridiculous. I've gone through piles of books and am loving every page. To me, summer is for reading + catching up on sleep. And Netflix-binging, of course. 

6. Speaking of Netflix, is it sad that I'm still not caught up on any tv show whatsoever? My roommate and I finished BBC's Merlin (which became "our show")  the last week of the semester and sobbed/clung together during the finale. I'm still emotionally scarred. In the best way. 

Now that I'm home for the summer, I finally reached the Neverland episodes from season 3 of Once Upon a Time, am somewhere on season 3-4 of How I Met Your Mother, and haven't seen a new episode of Scandal, Arrow, or even Psych since last semester. I tried to start season two of Downton Abbey (I know, it's shameful how behind I am) and was horrified to discover that Netflix took even the first season down from "Instant Streaming."

I blame all my recent reading. In a way, it's good, I suppose.

7. In other life-changing news, Chick-fil-A will start selling ICED COFFEE in August. Ohhhemmmgee. I was fortunate enough to get to taste a sample, and it is good. Let's just say I won't be making as many Starbucks runs anymore as I'm planning on ordering a couple gallons from Cfa. That's allowed, right?

8. As if I don't love this girl enough, she has the right kind of goals.

9. These 21 reasons it's awesome having a sister for a best friend is 100% accurate. Especially #1.

10.  A bit of blog housekeeping: I've finally made things a bit cohesive online by changing my Blogger username and whatnot. I went by the nome de plume Raewyn for years, but the name doesn't really fit with the blog now and most of you know my name is Grace anyways. So I'm officially Grace K. now - K is my middle initial and it has a nice ring to it.


I've also been "Grace K" on Pinterest for a while, so it only made sense to switch everything else over - and to the same picture! My blog "About Me" has been now been tweaked. My Bloglovin' profile is here, and My Spare Oom's page is here. You can find me on IG under MySpareOom (as my new username was already taken), and on Twitter as @Myspareoom. If you aren't sick of me and enjoy ramblings/pics about British men, shoes, and good coffee, give me a follow on any or all of these. I'm sincerely unoffended if you choose not to though. Really truly, from girl-to-girl.

How's your week going? Read anything good lately? I have a couple book posts coming up, but am always on the lookout for new titles. 

6 comments:

  1. Love the changes! I've been wanting to watch Merlin forever now-I watched half the first episode, but wasn't able to finish it:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, is the school year really that close already? Your summer sounds like it has been amazing so far. I've done much of the same: read, sleep, and take it easy. Summers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the stripes Instagram photo. Classic. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH YOU WATCH ONCE UPON A TIME TOO? Okay be prepared to gush with me about it when you get back! And Hook oh my lanta that devilishly beautiful man. UGH. The instagram article is so. true. I agonize over what I am going to post constantly haha.

    Anywho, I loved the post. I could hear you in it and it made me miss you even more. Come back to me!

    Love love,

    Caitlin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, CFA iced coffee?! Is this real life?! Best news ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete