1. As I mentioned on the blog earlier this past week, I had to have my wisdom teeth suddenly removed. Apparently there IS a reason why most people have them out in high school - if you wait any longer, like I did, to get them out when you're, say, 21 - they can grow too deep. My bottom ones had several nerves wrapped around them, which made the surgery a bit more risky than usual. So get them out sooner than later if you haven't yet!
2. I scheduled my surgery for 8:40 a.m. - the sooner, the better. You can't eat after midnight of the night before surgery, so I wanted to get it over with. I'd highly recommend morning surgery if you have the option.
3. Also - very, very important thing that I didn't think about until the night before: what to wear.
I wanted to be comfortable and not too nice because I knew I'd be sprawled there in the dentist chair, sedated and
4. Thankfully, I don't remember much once the entire procedure was over. I felt like Frankenstein (and looked like it too), but once I was home, I thoroughly enjoyed the recovery process. I was exhausted and sore and swollen in my face, so I took my meds regularly and got tons of sleep. I'd slip on an eye mask, tie ice packs around my face and crash hard after taking my medicine.
5. ICE CREAM. They actually told me no dairy the first 24 hours after surgery, so I had chicken noodle soup + a soy hot chocolate from Starbucks on the first day, since I spent most of it sleeping anyways.
6. I was brilliant and reserved a slew of books at the library two weeks ago, so I had a stack of fiction books to begin with and then my dad walked in the day after the surgery with another stack that had just come in. So I've been alternating between reading a book, watching a movie, sleeping, repeat. It's been lovely.
7. Other favorite treats I've enjoyed: cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic, a hot fudge milkshake, white cheddar macaroni from Panera, tomato soup, etc. And alllll the ice cream. Wisdom teeth surgery calories don't count.....so I've been told, at least. Right?
8. Reality returns later this week when I head back to word, but it's been very nice to just recover and get my energy.
9. But at the end of the day, Ryan makes it worth it. Chipmunk cheeks and all.
What are you up to this Wednesday? Favorite summer treats you've been enjoying?