Tuesday, July 1, 2014

4th of July Style Inspiration

Hello, lovelies! I'm back - sort of. I'm blogging this from bed where I'm still resting and applying ice packs to my face religiously. Thankfully, my wisdom teeth surgery went well and all four were successfully removed. I'll chat a bit more about that and what I've been doing post-surgery tomorrow, but today I wanted to talk about this week's upcoming holiday...

It's July! Can we pause for a moment in shock? I know I sound like a broken record here, but how is 2014 seriously half-way over? I think my brain is still in March/April since it still feels like the beginning of a new year. I somehow thought July was next week, and nearly fell over in bed when I checked my calendar and realized that the 4th of July, or Independence Day for Americans, is Friday!

(Also, in that last sentence, I misspelled 'calendar' + 'independence' AND had to check my phone to see which day the 4th fell on because neither my math or spellings skills are very sharp at the moment. I'm on pain medication, people. I have a good excuse....really.)

Anyways, as soon as I realized that, I hopped on Pinterest and started pinning to my 4th of July board like a madwoman, and I thought I'd share some of my patriotic style favorites!


all images via Pinterest
I don't know about y'all, but I've fallen in love with the classic American shorts + nice top. It's casual enough for a BBQ or firework watching by the lake, but has just the right touch of holiday spirit. If I had to pick just one outfit to wear for all of summer, the above image on the left would be it. Shorts and a striped shirt? Be still, my stripe-lovin'-heart. 


Another option I love for the 4th is to wear a flowy, breezy dress or skirt! That's what I opted for last year: it's simple, colorful, and you can pile on the accessories.


Or maybe you're looking to keep it extra-minimalistic and comfortable...I don't know who in the South would wear pants on a hot July day, but it's always an option if you're somewhere a bit cooler. Maxi skirts are great for holidays too = comfy, loose, and they always hide food babies. 


If you want to keep it even simpler and aren't really one to make a fuss over your outfit, colored shorts are the way to go. Red, white, blue/denim - any one of those colors and you're ready to go.


Wanting to go a bit nautical? A striped shirt is perfect for that...or if you want to channel the more Americana side of things, you can't go wrong with red nails, a navy t-shirt and high tops.


And of course, we all know stripes and skirts are a classic combination. My stripe obsession only grows stronger during the summer...


I'll be spending my 4th of July in town with my family, but I know lots of friends are heading to the water or camping...I love this blue gingham bathingsuit. And the red boat. Cheers for tanning!



Striped dresses are always classy + casual! I love, love how they can go from simple to dressy. Perfect for this holiday weekend!


And of course, you can't forget the shoes...even if nothing else works in your closet, you can count on shoes to add the perfect patriotic pop.

What are your plans for 4th of July? More importantly - what are you wearing?? Have a great Tuesday, friends!

9 comments:

  1. Cute clothes-I was actually just sitting here wondering what I was going to wear:)
    Wishing you a fast recovery on your teeth- I had my four wisdom teeth plus two more last summer in one go. At least there was ice cream for every meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about perfect timing! Thanks, Carey! I seem to be recovering pretty well! And ouch, that's a lot of teeth to have removed. The ice cream does help, though. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! So do I...so do I.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, the navy and white dotted flats. ♥♥ (And white converse are always a win. Always.) I love this, Raewyn, I probably should pop on Pinterest and pin all y'all pins! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peregrin - those were one of my top favorites also! Polka dot flats are just = winning. Thanks, dear! ♥

      Delete
  4. colored shorts are THE BEST. so cute. I was thinking about posting a few outfit ideas for the 4th..these are such good ideas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love that red and white checkeredish skirt! Midi length skirts are my absolute favorite. So flattering and classy.

    Country Girl's Daybook

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those outfits seriously need to be in my closet like right now!

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!