What I'm Loving Now: Black, White + Blue

Monday, June 16, 2014


images via  + here
 Happy Monday, friends! I don't know about you, but I always find my fashion + makeup routine lightening up during the summer. I'm a fall + winter girl through and through, but I can't deny there's something delightful about breezy, simply outfits when warm weather comes. I'm an ardent stripes lover and proud addict as you can tell, but I love the light touch that chambray blue adds to the classic pairing of black + white. The color scheme is perfect for brunch, shopping, a day out, lounging around the house, or even a wedding. I find that black can be very heavy + heat-absorbent in summer, so I like putting it with lighter shades. As such, this is one of my favorite color combinations lately. 

What colors do you love pairing together in summer? Do you ever wear black + blue?

10 comments:

  1. I just bought a chambray shirt and have been wearing it all the time. I didn't know it would get so much use, but it's just great for dressying up a casual outfit. :) Those pics are wonderful. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE chambray....but sadly don't own any! Le sigh. You are definitely one step ahead - and thanks for the comment love!

      Delete
  2. I am discovering that nautical is my theme this summer... I am loving everything navy blue and white and if it has anchors on it - even better! Coral is also a new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nautical is the best...give me allllll the striped shirts. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm in love! ;) Blue is one of the prettiest colors..and it looks just perfect with black & white. ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yep, polka dots are just grand...especially tiny ones!

      Delete
  5. I completely ship navy and stripes. (That was a terrible fangirl pun.) But seriously. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahhaa, but it made my day! So cute. And so true. ♥♥♥

      Delete