Thursday Thoughts (on a Friday)

Friday, June 27, 2014

via

If you're reading anything past this post's obnoxious title, congratulations. I'm well aware talking about Thursday on a Friday is both annoying and potentially confusing, but hey, by the time you read this, I will be la-la land thanks to wisdom teeth surgery.

SO EXCITED. 

Not really. But my mouth has been hurting like the dickens, so at this point I'm ready for sedation + laughing gas. And the ice cream. Apparently, though, I'm not allowed to have dairy the first 24 hours after surgery. Which means no ice cream. Or milkshakes. Or gelato.

I feel so betrayed. 

So if there's a shortage of posts around here for the next few days, you'll know why. Also - there will most definitely not be an outfit post on Monday seeing as how my face will be the size of a chipmunk's who has had an allergic reaction. 

Have you had your wisdom teeth out? Any drinks/tips to reduce swelling that you recommend? 

I'm planning on sleeping, getting some sleep, maybe do some reading once I'm back to coherent thought, and some more sleeping. Are you sensing a pattern here? 

I will have Netflix, so I might catch up on some shows (I'm so dreadfully behind on Arrow and Once Upon A Time) - any show/film recommendations? I love all things BBC and romantic comedies especially. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend - there might be a guest post or two in the works, so keep an eye out for that!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on your surgery, and let us know how it goes. I'm having mine out in a week and a half and I'm nervous.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! It was really fine - I don't remember much, and slept as soon as I came home.

      Delete
  2. Oh man... getting my wisdom teeth out was both the best and worst. :p I had all 4 taken out at once, so they knocked me out completely, and it took for.ev.er. to get back in the swing of things. Haha I was on the couch for two weeks (no joke). Aaaanyway. Not that you needed a horror story. Praying for a fast and full recovery for you!!

    Country Girl's Daybook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Iris. I had all four taken out too...my face is even more puffy today on the third day than it was right after the surgery! Hope I'm not out for two weeks though. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. aww you poor girl! I hope your recovery isn't too painful. netlix + icecream + sleep? some of my favorite things. ;) Ooh I LOVE OUAT. such a good show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely! I'm ever so steadily catching up on OUAT!

      Delete
  4. When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, something that helped me keep the swelling in my cheeks down was ice. After you get home put an ice pack against one of your cheeks and switch cheeks every half hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! That's great advice. I've been sleeping with ice packs and whatnot, so hopefully it helps.

      Delete