(The Perks of) Being a Haute Mess



Y'all.

(Firstly, if I were more on top of things, I'd have an outfit post to share with you for Modest Monday. But I'm not, so I don't. But that's okay...)

I like to think I try to keep it real here on the blog. My hope + ideal is that stopping by here feels like grabbing a cup of coffee with that crazy, spunky, colorful friend to talk about life, clothes, boys, God, and pretty things. And that said-coffee date never makes you walk away feeling inferior but instead thinking, "Oh, good, she's struggling with that too!"

I say that, because some of my favorite people in this world are the ones who are open, adamant, honest, and able to laugh about what hot messes they are sometimes. "I know - I've gained some weight too!" "Yeah, getting up early is so hard for me..." "Ugh, I have the hardest time finding cute tops that fit my chest too..." "Um, can we just talk about how everyone is getting married or having babies or getting engaged or starting a relationship while we're over here being #FOREVERALONE?"

And yada yada. You get the idea. Maybe it's just me, but I take so much comfort in knowing I'm not alone...and after grousing/moaning about whatever it is that I'm struggling with, I often come away from a girl chat feeling refreshed + re-encouraged.

So here I am on a late Monday afternoon with no Modest Monday post...but instead of beating myself up about it, I'm giving myself some grace (no pun intended, heh). It's so easy to see only the crisp photos + pretty templates of blogs. I think we forget sometimes that the people behind them are real and have those crazy days where things just don't get done.

I went to a wedding in New Orleans this week, so I spent hours behind the wheel in order to see a good friend get married. It was a beautiful + touching wedding and I'm so glad I got to see her united with her new husband. But I came back tired physically + emotionally from a long week and an even longer weekend. So yesterday + today are for resting, getting my energy back up, for reading several a good book, and eventually getting around to washing my hair. I might even paint the town red and walk the dog later.

I'll do the above before I settle down tonight with some comfy pillows and the film Captain America (which I am the last person in the world to see). Because I'm not perfect and I don't always have it together.

Because I'm definitely a hot haute mess. ;)

I'll see you later this week, friends. May your Monday be one of rejuvenation + relaxation.

Love,
Grace

Comments

  1. Aw, this was such a good down to earth post. There is a huge temptation to try to look like we have it all figured out as bloggers. I hope you get some good rest today and tomorrow! I spent today working my babysitting job, but tomorrow will definitely be for reading and resting.
    P.S. I'm new here, but your blog does feel like a coffee date with a fun friend. :)
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, why thank you, Lauren. I greatly appreciate your comment! The (unconscious) pressure for bloggers is really surprising sometimes. And your day tomorrow sounds great! I'm the opposite - today was my day off, so I work tomorrow. :)

      So glad reading the blog DOES feel like a coffee date!

      Delete
  2. I love it when bloggers are actually real people and don't try to pretend to have it together all the time! Nobody does, no matter how cute their instagram shots look or how funny their FB posts are.
    Thanks for admitting to the real life struggles! ♥
    Mady
    P.S. Captain America rocks. You will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, the first thing I saw when I saw the title was the French translation; haute means high. So the high mess. :) But outside "I've taken too much French" geekdom, I understand you. Summer is a difficult time for me, so I'm having a lot of days that end with Netflix and tea to make them better. I don't know that, really, it's being a hot mess. It's being human and being human means making messes. Don't worry about your messes. I hope you enjoyed your movie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!