Real Life Wednesday
1. I painted my nails last week with this Essie shade Vernis (which I "borrowed" from my younger sister) and loved, loved, loved the color. It's like a periwinkle/cornflower blue - not only did it go with everything and make my hands look delightfully tan, but I got so many compliments on it. Can't wait to use it again.
2. Things have been decidedly "real life" around here, what with working full-time for the past two weeks, hence the lack of a RLW post earlier today...a continuation of Monday's post, maybe?
3. In other unglamorous news, my wisdom teeth (yes, I'm 21 and still have them) have PAINFULLY decided it's time to come out. My mouth wouldn't stop hurting yesterday, so I finally took a look in the mirror and nearly fell over when I could very clearly see them. Ouch. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to see how soon I can get surgery.
4. I'm a little excited about #2...all the ice cream + sleep I can get? Sign me up.
5. I was in New Orleans for a friend's wedding last weekend, but sadly didn't get to stop at any of the usual famous spots to eat, like Cafe du Monde for beignets. I did drive the entire way + back by myself. Cue feelings of accomplishment + independence. I'm telling you, girls - you haven't lived until you've sung along with One Direction at the top of your lungs while on a solo road trip.
6. I'm in love with this entire look: striped shirt, faded denim shirts + huge black sunglasses? The Look of summer. This striped dress by the beach is also stealing my heart. Just...all the stripes. But really.
7. This post about how to photograph writing with sparklers just screams summer...I've always wanted to try my hand at it. Maybe now I will.
8. My need for iced coffee is steadily growing and since my parents don't drink coffee (i.e. there's no coffeemaker in our house) I might just dabble in cold brew coffee. Have you ever tried it? Basically the idea is you let coffee grounds soak for several hours and then strain the liquid. It looks dangerously easy.
9. My poor dog gets so excited when I get home from work because she thinks I'll finally take her on a walk after being gone all day, but my feet are always so sore, I can't stand the idea of being on them any more. But I can tell she's so confused and wistful when she looks at me with huge, pitiful eyes, so hopefully I'll take her out this weekend. I miss our daily walks too.
That's what's going on around here. How's your week going? Have you had your wisdom teeth out before - any advice??