Real Life Wednesday and Things

via
1. I'm really wishing the above picture was a thing today. Wouldn't life be so much lovelier if we had a "Cancel life for today" button? 

2. This week is a record as I haven't purchased a cup of iced coffee or any type of drink for myself....only because I finally got realistic and bought a carton of Starbucks iced coffee from the grocery store.

3. Have you heard of the Glasses Girls? They're mom, fashion + lifestyle bloggers who made a hilarious parody video of Iggy Azalea's Fancy. Um, yes. Can I be this fashionable when I'm a mom?

4.  I had a dream last night that the fall semester was already here and I was back at school. The amount of joyful screaming and suffocating hugs from friends + dorm mates was ridiculous. I woke up smiling.

5. My best friend keeps trying to talk me into bleaching my hair...I like to think it'd look like this. But I actually really like my current dark color. And I feel like 99% of people I know would hate it + think I look like Nicki Minaj. So I'm staying dark. But a girl can dream...

6. Katie's post about Marrying Your Best Friend was one of my favorite posts that I read this week.

7. I painted my nails yesterday, which was both relaxing + tedious (I can never sit still and invariably mess up at least one nail) and mused over the difficulty of cordinating nail colors with outfits. Fortunately, Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere put together this perfect guide on pairing nail polish colors with summer shoes.

8. I've been musing about college and God's plan lately due to Amanda's beautiful + eloquent post about letting it go. Definitely a must-read. While I think college is an amazing experience, I also don't think it's the end-all, be-all and that you can be quite happy + successful without a four year university degree.

9. Also, I have a Pinterest addiction. It was bad before, but I had it under control. Not any more.

Haaaaaaalp.

Happy Hump Day, friends!

Comments

  1. Oh gosh, yes. I would have been glad if today could have been canceled. Too much work. :) But God's will be done, right?
    ~and I just checked our your Pinterest! YES!! I love your boards! (I sort of shrieked when I saw RA and TH pins...) I started following you right away. (I'm actually under a different name there.)
    Thanks for making me smile! <3 Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, girl! It would have been lovely...and aw, thanks for the Pinterest love! I do love me some Pinning. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right? Right? It's so bad yet so good.

      Delete
  3. haha.. girl, you aren't alone on that pinterest addiction. I've really been getting in the mood to paint my nails! But It's also so.much.work. sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not alone! And I know what you mean...I used two coats and then a top gloss - then I ended up having to take it off for work the next day. :P

      Delete
  4. @ #8... well gosh *blushes and smiles* That's about the best thing ever ^_^ Thank you so much for your kind words and link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! It was such a beautiful and lovely post! <3

      Delete
  5. You have a wonderful blog!! :)

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

    Kisses
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!