Real Life Wednesday and Things
1. I'm really wishing the above picture was a thing today. Wouldn't life be so much lovelier if we had a "Cancel life for today" button?
2. This week is a record as I haven't purchased a cup of iced coffee or any type of drink for myself....only because I finally got realistic and bought a carton of Starbucks iced coffee from the grocery store.
3. Have you heard of the Glasses Girls? They're mom, fashion + lifestyle bloggers who made a hilarious parody video of Iggy Azalea's Fancy. Um, yes. Can I be this fashionable when I'm a mom?
4. I had a dream last night that the fall semester was already here and I was back at school. The amount of joyful screaming and suffocating hugs from friends + dorm mates was ridiculous. I woke up smiling.
5. My best friend keeps trying to talk me into bleaching my hair...I like to think it'd look like this. But I actually really like my current dark color. And I feel like 99% of people I know would hate it + think I look like Nicki Minaj. So I'm staying dark. But a girl can dream...
6. Katie's post about Marrying Your Best Friend was one of my favorite posts that I read this week.
7. I painted my nails yesterday, which was both relaxing + tedious (I can never sit still and invariably mess up at least one nail) and mused over the difficulty of cordinating nail colors with outfits. Fortunately, Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere put together this perfect guide on pairing nail polish colors with summer shoes.
8. I've been musing about college and God's plan lately due to Amanda's beautiful + eloquent post about letting it go. Definitely a must-read. While I think college is an amazing experience, I also don't think it's the end-all, be-all and that you can be quite happy + successful without a four year university degree.
9. Also, I have a Pinterest addiction. It was bad before, but I had it under control. Not any more.
Happy Hump Day, friends!