Monday, June 2, 2014

Modest Monday: Take Me to Puerto Rico

Happy June, friends! 


With summer off to an official start, it's time to bring out the island wear. I always think of summer as simultaneously exciting + relaxing - which is why I'd love to be off on a tropical vacation to somewhere Puerto Rico, Cuba, or Costa Rica...but just dressing the part will have to do!



This is actually a crop top, given to me by one of my best friends as a belated birthday present, but I decided to wear it with a high-waisted skirt for a fun "island" look. 


Top//Marshalls
Skirt//thrifted
Cherry heels//thrifted 
Earrings, bangles //the Icing
Rings//Charming Charlie's
Lipstick// Revlon Colorburst Lipbalm

 

How was everyone's week? I wanted to get a post in before the end of May, but I ended up taking the weekend off to relax, read, and catch up with two of my closest friends who were in town for a couple days. It was so nice to grab coffee and then do some shopping while talking girl stuff like books, fiction pet peeves (I hate unrealistic sappy romances), beauty + bath/face products, babies, weight gain/loss, and everything under the sun basically. I've also been doing a lot of thinking and trying to lay down some goals for the summer, as I want it to be a productive one. I don't do well when I have too much time on my hand.

On another note, I went to the library armed with a summer reading list thanks to Pinterest + my favorite blogs. I came home with a pile of books and am steadily working through them...I'd forgotten how wonderful it is to curl up with a good book. Especially since I have a lovely, plush armchair in my room. Hit me up with book recommendations if you've read anything great lately! I'll probably do a book post once I finish my current stack. I've already read some great (and some not-so-great) ones that I'm excited to share. 



Happy Monday and a happy June to you!

18 comments:

  1. Girl you look gorgeous! I absolutely adore your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda - it was fun to try something new!

      Delete
  2. girl, red is your color! and I adore those heels..so fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abbey! I have my mom's heritage so red is always a fail-safe color for me. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, books. I just went to the library the other day too! I'm reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, which I also was recommended by some blogs. The girls absolutely LOVE it, so I thought I'd give it a go. (It's a romance-thriller.) I'm amused by the fact that it was written in the '30s, and so the characters in my head look like Katharine Hepburn. But, actually, it has very much of a BBC drama feel to it. So good so far. :)

    Anyway, very cute outfit! <3 Puerto Rico is always a good idea.

    ♥ sami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore Rebecca! I first read it years ago and it's a favorite on my bookshelf. I'm so glad you've discovered it. It's so good. And thanks for the outfit love! <3

      Delete
  4. ^ (above, chiming in) I LOVE REBECCA. It's so, so good... like being transported back into time, with all the pain and nostalgia, every time I open it and read, "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again"... ♥♥
    Raewyn, your outfit. Gorgeous. I love the red crop top and how you paired it with a high-waisted skirt, and your red, red lips... so summery. Puerto Rico, now. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, agreed - it's such an intricate, enthralling book! And thanks so much, lovely. Your comment means so much! ♥

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I know! I saw them in a thrift store and simply couldn't pass them up!

      Delete
  6. This was a fun, cheery post! You look lovely. Thanks for sharing your living spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Ellen!

      Delete
  7. That post was so fun to read through with the music! Here is my GoodReads account for summer book suggestions! https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/13597979-grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, I'm so glad you liked it with the music! I love posts with music that fits perfectly so I tried to find a good song for this one. And thanks, Grace! Can't wait to check it out!

      Delete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!