Friday Favorites

Friday, June 13, 2014


I think I have a serious Starbucks iced coffee problem. I've actually known that for the past three years though. I used to be an utter coffee snob and turn up my nose at plain boring iced coffee that didn't (gasp) have a shot of espresso, milk, and syrup like iced lattes or mochas. But...like with everything else that I initially hate, I become full blown obsessed. I need to buy a coffee brewer for the kitchen. Or Starbucks will own my soul even more. #CantStopWontStop #YesIJustUsedAHashtagInABlogPost #ComeAtMeBro

My love for wearing black and other dark colors in 2014 has quieted down a bit due to the heat: now, I find myself loving crisp white, faded denim, and bright colors.

I saw Maleficent, which was just as good (and even better) than I was hoping. Angelina Jolie is the Queen of Film. All hail her. I came home and promptly recreated a modern-day version of her make-up. Smoky eyes galore. And I've been playing Lana Del Rey's cover of "Once Upon a Dream" non-stop. So dreamy + dark.

I'm finally getting new glasses that don't make me look 12 - but Warby Parker makes it incredibly hard to choose from all of their gorgeous frames. I'd fallen in love with a particular one last fall, but didn't write the name down, and now I can't remember. Oh, the woeful indecisiveness.

Can we talk about girl crushes? I'm having a lot at the moment - there's so many fabulous and inspirational women out there! Kendi from KendiEveryday, Mindy Kaling, Jessi of course from Naptime Diaries, and Lily Collins. I love her style + effortless grace. Did you hear she'll be starring in the film adaptation of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"?

(Also, I'm loving this song - for driving, tidying up the house, reading, writing blog posts to. Such a fun listen.)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Carey Mooradian said...

Happy Friday! Yes-Lilly Collins is too cute! I loved her in Mirror Mirror!
Coffee? I work as a barista and I made a Strawberry Nutella Latte today-you should try it. Chocolate, strawberry, and hazelnut:)
Love those shoes btw! #perf #ijustusedahashtaginacomment
♥ Mady

Megan said...

Love this post! The shoes are just too cute. And I loved Maleficent as well!!

Raewyn said...

Mmm, a Nutella latte sounds amazing! And thanks!

Raewyn said...

Thanks, Megan! And yes - another Maleficent lover!