Thursday, July 17, 2014

Confessions

via
- I'm still not on the makeup foundation boat and part of me suspects I never will be. I think it works for other people and can attest to its general coverage powers, but I've yet to try one that doesn't make me look/feel caked in makeup. So I'll just stick to my roll-on concealer and power, thank you very much.

- I really like "Talk Dirty To Me" by Jason DeRulo. I know, I know. Sorry, but that's just how it is...I'm a girl who likes to dance and that is an awesome dance party song. I don't plan on living out the lyrics but I want to be honest with y'all.

*pauses as probably every Catholic homeschooler who is reading this gasps and de-follows the blog*

I'm still me! Still crazy about modesty and my Catholic faith! I do like me some Pitbull though. I had an amusing conversation with a pretty conservative Christian friend the other day who expressed extreme concern that I might push my boundaries too far and change into a totally different girl.

I giggled (if you can giggle over text). I think my friend was offended at said text-giggle.

And I had to explain that just because I listen to Nicki Minaja + Pitbull, wear shorts and occasionally dresses that are at or above my knees (THE HORROR) that I wasn't a corrupt, immoral person who was going to sleep around, get drunk, or dress like a Kardashian.

I don't have the budget for that. (I kid, I kid)

- I really, really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to chop my hair off like this. Or this. This too. And this. No pixie cut for me thank you  - I'd look more Britney Spears than wood fairy at my current weight. But I've got this restless urge for something new.

 I'm resisting like crazy because my hair has. never. ever. been this long before and I know I will want it back as soon as it's gone. I'm so indecisive I could be officially diagnosed with DIFL (detrimentally indecisive for lyfe).

- It's 100% wishful thinking, but I have these moments like visions where I imagine myself with a handful of little kids in the future that are hilarious, crazy mini-me versions of myself and unknown future husband. I picture it all: the dirty diapers, the adorable clothes that will messed up instantly, and the crazy cuddles in bed. Excuse me, I need to check on my ovaries - they're going into overdrive.

- My failsafe activity when I absolutely can't fall asleep and it's 2:35 a.m. is to Pin. Go ahead and judge me hard - I know, I could be journaling, praying, thinking about Big Scary Life Decisions. But see, sometimes none of those work (even praying..sorry, God. You know I always give it a try first.) But sometimes He doesn't talk back. So I take that as a Divine sign that I should get on Pinterest and stare at pretty things I'll probably never own. It does wonders for my mood, y'all.

- I plan on dressing my children in the same high-end clothing brands I like. I'll try + buy them as cheaply as possible, yes. But..I will so be that mother in Hunter boots with a toddler who's wearing matching ones.

- My best friend (who goes to the same college I do) and I were talking about the fact that we graduated high school two years ago. A lot has changed in two years...I'm more relaxed than I used to be. I now wear leggings, shorts, don't  rock a cardi with every outfit (still love them though), and have perfected the duck lip pout. I also wear my hair in top knots, can pull a mean all-nighter if need be, and even have gone on a date or two.

 In high school, I was in bed every night at 9:30, wore long sleeves/cardigans all the time (even in summer), never wore shorts period much less in public, wore glasses 24/7, and in general let my hair do its frizzy thing. Essentially, I was a little old lady. And now I actually feel like a college student. Which means I started out old and am regressing...like Benjamin Button. But presumably I'll age up again in the next 5-7 years. In the meantime, embrace duck lips. They're here to stay.

Granted, I make myself sound like a wild party animal. Let it be known, Internet, that my idea of a wild night is staying up until 4 am + binge-watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix in my dorm room. Craaaaazy.

- I love blogging. Totally, completely, head-over-heels in love with it. And with y'all. You're the best.

14 comments:

  1. Hah. I'm said Catholic homeschooler, but NO WAY am I going to de-follow your blog. ;) Seriously. (I confess, sometimes I rock out to those "oh-the-horror-girl-you're-goin'-overboard" song. ;) But really. Some of today's music has got the bestest, bestest rhythms for dancing. ♥) (...Speaking of such, do you happen to have any suggestions of any other good songs that would be great for faster swing? I've come up with "Gone Gone Gone" by Phillip Phillips, "Under Cover of Darkness" by the Strokes, and some others. It's so fun trying to figure out the tempos and beats and then pairing them with respective dances.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, thanks girlie - it's one of those things where I was afraid I'd step on some toes, but hey, this is my real life and I'm not about to "pretend" to be someone else online than I am in real life. Thanks for the love! And I definitely agree...today's music is my favorite for fun dancing. Those beats are out of this world.

      And I actually am horrible about figuring out tempos and beats despite 5+ years of ballroom dancing. I'm great at picking up rhythm if someone else is leading, but not so good at doing it on my own....hehe. Sorry! I have mad respect for you since you can do it. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow you are such a rebel ;) I can totally agree with the whole liking the beat of the music but not going to turn into a Kardashian just by listening to it. I think the first hairstyle is super cute! Oh yes I imagine my future handful of kids all the time, and how fashionably dressed they will be!
    You know I often think about how I will change in college. But the change will hopefully be for the good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hard-core rebel, no less. ;) And glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoys party music! And I think you have the right idea - it will be a good change...kind of like growing into yourself even more!

      Delete
  3. You make me laugh! I can totally feel your 'dance music' side, even though the raciest things I listen to are The Lumineers (which really aren't at all...)
    All of those haircuts are super cute-the second one especially!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! If I can make someone laugh, my day is made. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, this completely reminds me of my self. I just about died a the "dresses that are at or above my knees." comment. My life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, right?? I feel like there can be so much pressure within Catholic/Christian circles...I felt so guilty at first about wearing a dress with a shorter hem. Then I finally got over it when I realized I was being silly.

      Delete
  5. I think we are twins. Binge watching HIMYM is the BEST THING EVER. And Pinning late at night is the most relaxing thing ever, I do it all the time when I get home from work at 11:30pm and can't wind down enough to sleep until 2am. And AMEN to needing to check on my ovaries... it's even worse when I'm actually with Paul. I've been known to go all "BABIES I NEED A BABY PAUL GIVE ME A BABY", and he has to be all fuddy duddy and be like "Girl chill, we're not married yet." And then I go pout. And I do want to cut my hair short like that... I love having short hair, but - also like you - I haven't had my hair this long in a good number of years, and I don't know if I want to get rid of it already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, hello, we are so obviously twins/mother-daughter, haha. HIMYM is a serious problem. Just like Pinterest. Pretty sure it's college girl crack. And I hear you! It takes me so long to wind down after I get off work and staring at pretty pictures is just so soothing.

      And I just died (DIED) of laughter about your "PAUL GIVE ME A BABY" line. I feel like that is how I will be once I'm actually in a relationship....like, "Oh, we went on our first date? Let'sgetmarriedNOW!"

      Also, long hair probs....yeah. I'm such a chicken. Only because it took years to get it to this length!

      Delete
    2. It's sad how many time's I've said that to him... when we're together and I see babies, but then also especially after late night Pinterest viewings of adorable baby things (I blame Clare's baby board for some of those!)

      HIMYM is definitely college girl crack. I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish the series.

      Delete
  6. I couldn't agree more with this post! Especially about the music and clothes part. I feel like since you and I have a blog we're elevated on a pedestal to behave and act a certain way...which we should. But sometimes I like to rock out to Katy perry and etc.. But this doesn't change who I am or what I believe.

    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marisa, oh, for sure! I think there's a lot of unspoken pressure to look. act, post a certain way. I've been thinking about it a good bit recently...I like how you put it: "it doesn't change who I am or what I believe." Amen!

      Delete
    2. I award this comment the highest of fives and a Hallelujah Amen. I want to take those last two sentences and frame them.

      Delete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!