Real Life Wednesday
1. I made a video last week in which I talk about my recent girly favorites like perfume, lipstick, and the peacock earrings I'm wearing above. But as Samantha Joan was so kind to point out to me, the video was set to private and unable to be viewed. Oops. But that should hopefully be fixed now, feel free to head over + watch it!
2. I'm still loving all things coconut, but mango is inching up there. I love mango all the time, any time of year, but especially during the summer. Mango smoothies, salads, margaritas, etc. It's definitely my favorite fruit.
3. I went with my family to see Mom's Night Out on Monday. Oh. Em. Gee. Go see it - right now, if you haven't already seen it. I laughed the loudest out of my entire family and there were more than a few moments when I completely lost it...when you get to the scene with the taser, you'll understand.
4. I finally picked up a self-tanner, Jergen's Natural Glow 3 Days to Glow, which supposedly settles into a golden color over three days. I almost got a spray version, but I do not trust my application skills, when it comes to evenness, so I liked the idea of rubbing in a lotion that would gradually deepen into a natural looking glow. I used it yesterday and already my legs are tanner!
5. I've never been a coral/orange lips person, but I'm really loving the idea of that lip color for summer. I already have a lip butter stick and just picked up a orange NYX butter gloss (Peach Cobbler) that I'm excited to try out.
6. I'm also very excited about an entire summer of bright/cool nail polish colors. White always makes my hands look ridiculously tan, so that'll probably be one of the colors I reach for during the next few months.
7. My recent new love for bright orange-hued lips (see #5) quite possibly stemmed from this post + video by the lovely EssieButton, whom I've seen mentioned around the blogsphere and finally checked her out. She talks about her 10 favorite drugstore lipsticks and most of them are bright + perfect for summer. In. love.
8. I'm also obsessed with the Maybelline Baby Lips Cherry Me flavor thanks to her. I've talked before about my daily love + use of the clear sunscreen one, but this Cherry one...ugh. Gorgeous pop of color and it smells so, so good. And it's just chapstick! Available at drugstores + very affordable, I might add.
9. This happened this morning - talk about the kindness of strangers. Huge thank you to the sweet lady. Pay it forward, y'all, pay it forward.
As always, I'm following along with Jessica for Real Life Wednesdays. What makeup products are you loving recently? Do you like to tan in the summer or stay pale? What's your favorite summer fruit?