Real Life Wednesday


1. I forgot today was Wednesday...thus the lack of a RLW post earlier today. Oops. 

2. I not-so-recently became a fan of filling in my brows. Every model/actress/celebrity/woman who knows how to wear makeup well is aware of this trick. While there is a fine line between crayon-looking eyebrows, adding just a bit of power + liner helps shape and give them a more natural, full look. 

3. How pretty + colorful is this gorgeous garden-inspired wedding shoot? Sign me up, please. 

4. I'm on the look for a good self-tanner (a slow-darkening lotion). I have no intention of going anywhere near a tanning salon, thank you very much. I do plan to soak up some sun this summer, but until then, my legs need to stop looking ghostly pale. 

4. I made this extremely poor quality and ridiculously random video to say hello to you lovely readers. View at your own discretion if you need your daily laugh...I basically ramble, use a British accent at one point, talk about my eyeshadow, and look down when my phone goes off at 2:00. Enjoy....


5. I discovered the quirky sounding and delightful singer Mindy Gledhill; her songs have been on repeat as they're perfect for this sunny, glorious weather. Whole Wide World, I Do Adore, and California are some of my favorites. 

6. I've been trying to be more intentional about enjoying being single and unattached. There's something extremely freeing + refreshing about being independent, in charge of my schedule, watching the movie I want to watch, and spending time with friends. While I have a heart for a relationship and eventually marriage, I am falling in love with being single. It is definitely difficult at times, but I've learned it's all about your attitude - and am actually planning to devote an entire post to the subject. Anyone else in the single sisterhood boat?

7. I'm excited for bring summer colors, especially pink lips!

Are you in a relationship or seeking satisfaction in singlehood? What makeup/wardrobe colors are you looking forward to for summer? 

Comments

  1. 1. Love that photo of the flowers.
    2. You are ridiculously adorable.
    3. Mindy Gledhill is one of my favorites. :)
    4. Single sisters, unite! I'd love a post about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris,

      1. Thank you, lovely!
      2. I can't believe I'm just now discovering her - love, love her songs!
      3. Cheers for single sisters! I've been working on the post for a while + am excited to share it.

      Delete
  2. I got really excited to finally hear your voice! ;) you are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, I almost didn't post it - but I'm glad you liked it. ;)

      Delete
  3. You're so pretty, chica. <3 Loved the spontaneous video. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Samantha! The video did a good job of capturing my randomness, haha. Happy Wednesday to you too!

      Delete
  4. YOUR VOICE. Whatttttttttttt!! Nothing like what I was expecting for some reason but so stinking adorable! Such a fun video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariah - I'm always weirded out when I finally hear bloggers/youtubers/writers' voices too. They're usually nothing like what I imagined! Glad it turned out "adorable" anyways. :)

      Delete
  5. Singlehood is turning out to be not so bad. My friends are beginning to date, and while third-wheeling it can be annoying, it feels good to be able to just focus on passing this grade. ;) And the movie thing. YES.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I completely sympathize about the third-wheeling. It wasn't so bad in high school...but there's definitely more of a sting when it happens in college (depending on the friends, of course). Some friends don't make it feel like third-wheeling. :)

      Regarding the movie thing - I love not having to argue about watching a black + white Audrey Hepburn film!

      Delete
  6. You're cute. Also, loved that pinterest pin. Basically my life. <3

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Liz dear. And yep. If it wasn't for Tom Hiddleston pins, I'd be a sad girl indeed. ;)

      Delete
  7. I am also working on falling in love with being single and just trying to fall more in love with where I am in my life right now! Complete with all the crazy ups and downs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, Elizabeth Anne! There are bad days and then good days...I suppose just like marriage, it's a daily endeavor. :)

      Delete
  8. Whole Wide World is one of my favorite songs....and OH MY GOODNESS YOU ARE ADORABLE!!!! I would love to see more videos from you! I keep trying to work up the courage to post one myself on my blog; I'll start to film one and then get too nervous to make it into a video and post it.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violet, I've decided that all of Mindy's songs describe my life...and I especially want to live out Whole Wide World. Y'all have such good taste as long time fans of her - I'm just discovering her!

      And you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your comment...I would actually love to post more videos, but keep talking myself out of it. I say go for it + post one on your blog! I was nervous too. :)

      Delete
  9. LOVE. (That pin. I'm kinda following you now. ♥♥) I love this whole post --- it just smacks of spring. You're gorgeous inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness, thank you so much, lovely! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!