Q & A


Finals week is still going on, but I thought I'd share some questions & answers from two awards I received a while back...so here's some fun, random facts about me (since I'm sure you've all been losing sleep over not knowing more about me). 

Here goes! The lovely Grace nominated me for the Sunshine Award.

1. What does Spring smell like to you? Hm, delicate flowers and citrus. 

2. What is something that you are looking forward to this Summer? Getting tan! Now that I'm wearing shorts more, I want to make sure I'm all one color rather than having that awkward shirt/bathing suit tan. 

3. What are you reading right now?  I just started Christopher West's Theology of the Body for Beginners which explores Pope (and Saint!) John Paul II's teachings on our gift of sexuality. It's wonderful.  I'm also in the middle of Walking on Water by Madeleine L'Engle, which is her reflections on faith + art. 

4. Favorite Audrey Hepburn movie? That's not a fair question at all. All of them! Roman Holiday, Funny Face, My Fair Lady + Charade are my top favorites though.


5. Favorite Pandora station or music artist? Chet Baker for relaxing jazz, Ed Sheeran, and Today's Hits. 

6.Would you rather: Have a side soup or a side salad? Both of course. Actually, it'd depend on the time of year and what my main course was. I'm a soup and salad girl. 

7. Favorite religious/Saint movie? Pope John Paul II. It was so well done + powerful I still think about it. 

8. Do you have a favorite quote? My new favorite comes from How I Met Your Mother:


9. Who has been your biggest role model in life? My mother. And professionally, the Pioneer Woman. I mean...she's Queen of the blogsphere. 

10. If you could go on a mission trip any where in the world where would you go? Africa seems to be pulling on my heart lately. Emily's Compassion trip to Uganda struck a cord with me. 

11. Favorite Marian feast? The Annunciation. It's just so beautiful. 

And the equally sweet Abbey nominated me for the Libster award! 



Top three favorite spring pastels? 
 blush (beige with the softest touch of pink). 



                                                                                                           pale blue.


                it's not a proper pastel, but I am still loving black. it's so chic and pairs perfectly with pastels. 



If you take a moment to reflect on your childhood, what is one fond memory that sticks out? the "date nights" that my mum would take me on...we'd go to a restaurant or cozy cafe, just the two of us, and giggle and  talk about books or life and always, always share dessert. it taught me to treasure replenishing my soul and to make time for myself. 

What is your dream for life? to constantly travel, eat good food, be an entrepreneur + published writer, marry and have children, and never stop making art. 

Are you a city or country gal? both! I love the beauty + peacefulness of the country, but I need my coffeeshops and city life to flourish. 

If you had the chance to change your age for a day, how old would you be, and what would you do? I have no idea...I might go back and be 10 again, in which case I'd run around and eat ice cream. but I do that anyways. I'm actually pretty content with my age right now. 

What is your weirdest talent? being extremely good at photographing my food, haha...I don't think I have too many weird ones. I'm really good at styling men's clothes. guy friends ask for fashion advice frequently. 

Florals or polka dots? polka dots. I look so young to begin with, if I wear florals I look like a 5 yrd little girl. 

Rainy or sunny days? rainy days. always...it's raining as I type this + I'm brewing a chai latte.  

Favorite artists? Switchfoot, Audrey Assad, Melody Gardot, Ingrid Michaelson, Ben Rector.

Random obsession you can't get over right now? Blogs and British men.  coconut flavored anything. I am a coconut freak, y'all. it isn't going away any time soon either. 

Which blog have you been loving to read recently? I love Elsie + Emma's blog A Beautiful Mess, A Cup of Jo has all sorts of fun posts from where to eat in NY to how to cut your bangs, and In Earnest which has everything from seasonal illustrations, book + beverage pairings to what's going on in the world today. 

Also, Sarah Therese has moved blogs - she's now over at Cherishing Everyday Beauty. Stop by + say hi!

                                                             ____________________________

Feel free to award yourself or answer any of the questions in the comments! What's your fav Audrey Hepburn film? What pastels are you loving for spring? Best coffee drink? Favorite new blog?

Comments

  1. Lovely post as usual <3 Haha..."I request the highest of fives"! I hope the rest of your finals go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! Haha, my obsession with that show is BAD. And thank you for the well wishes!

      Delete
  2. This was delightful! My favourite pastel has to be linden green, rosy pink, or really soft, creamy blue. And Roman Holiday is so sad, but so wonderful. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, ma'am! I'm falling more and more in love with green now that my hair's darker. :) And yes about Roman Holiday...I always want to go back and change the ending!

      Delete
  3. I'm seriously fangirling over how my questions are on your blog. <3 ;) Oohh my goodness..how I wish I could join you with a chai latte on a rainy day. It sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, you are too sweet! I loved your questions - they were so good. <3 I wish you could pop over for a chai latte and girl talk...'twould be lovely!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely eyeing those blush colors for my "professional" wardrobe for working full-time during the school year! I have a late summer birthday... I told my family to get me nothing but gift cards to DSW and Kohl's! I'm gonna need 'em!

    Thanks for the link love! I really appreciate it :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Clothes/gift cards make the best presents. :) And you are so welcome - I'm excited for your new move!

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!