Monday, May 26, 2014

Modest Monday: Sister Style


Summer's off to an official start, which means warm + sunny days, a slowing down of time, and plenty of dreaming. And spontaneous sister photoshoots...so I decided to include these stylish girls in today's post.


This is the youngest little sister - she's sweet, stylish, and unbelievably sassy. 
She also loves stripes + pink. Guess she takes after a certain someone...



Such a cutie...

And by cutie, I mean "crazy." Clearly.


Fey, the middle one of us girls, is 14 and growing up far too fast. 
She's also the one who's better at makeup than me and is equally crazy. 


But so beautiful...also, can we talk about how ridiculously long + gorgeous her hair is??


Yep, definitely a ham. 


I channeled my inner bohemian a bit more than I usually do...large floppy hat and all. I usually go for more of a relaxed, classic look, but I love this look for summer and plan on wearing it more. 

Lace vest// handmade by a friend
hat//thrifted
flats//Payless
necklace//flea market



I felt like I had just stepped out of an music festival or an indie music video. Cheers for faded lace vests...my best friend actually sewed this together out of vintage lace doilies!








A huge thank you on this Memorial Day to all the brave men and women in the military who have served and sacrificed for our country. 

12 comments:

  1. You guys all look very alike! And yeah, your middle sister's hair is crazy long, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, we get that all the time! The middle one is the spitting image of me when I was her age. :) And I know...one of her nicknames is Rapunzel. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Iris - I love me a good floppy sunhat!

      Delete
  3. super adorable and super gorgeous! you girls look so alike it's crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People never have any problem telling we're related. ;) Thanks, chica!

      Delete
  4. Aww what a fun idea! The three of you are very cute. As is that vest you're wearing. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mariah! And I know, right?? My best friend is one talented girl. I would never be able to make that!

      Delete
  5. I give you a virtual high-five on the hat! They're sooooo elegant, but also madly PRACTICAL for shade in summer and warmth in winter, so I don't know why they're not more in. You look just gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another floppy sunhat lover! Thank you, Clare darling. I love, love the beach/Derby style and agree with you...they should be worn more often. ♥♥♥

      Delete
  6. You all look adorable; each one of you has your own lovely sense of style!!

    And the lace vest?!?!? What a fabulous idea to make it out of vintage doilies...love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Violet - it's definitely fun seeing how each of our styles are different as we're all getting older. And I know! Such a smart idea to make a vest out of them...wish I'd come up with it.

      Delete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!