Monday, May 19, 2014

Modest Monday: Orange is the New Black (And a Surprise!)


Just when you thought there would never be another Modest Monday post...ta-da! I always seem to get more outfit posts done when I'm home - mostly because I can rope my younger sister into playing photographer. So here's one of my favorite summer color combinations: orange + turquoise. I love pairing light, bright shades with orange because otherwise the look gets too dark and fall-ish.  


On Top of The World by Imagine Dragons on Grooveshark


Dress//Ross
Cardigan//Old Navy
Camisole// thrifted
Sunglasses// Forever 21



I love wearing bright eyeliner during warm weather and this teal Santorini liner by Hard Candy is no exception. I also wore it for the first day of classes last year. It's such a fun, bright pop of color, especially with brown eyes. 

I love, love sunglasses and am steadily amassing a solid collection. These cat-eye frames from Forever 21 are my most-worn pair by far. I love the instant touch of glamour they add to even the most casual outfit. I love wearing them with a tshirt + jeans as much as a dress.



 I found my pair on sale last semester, but there's similar pairs here and here





Summer is finally here...and it promises to be a bright, music, iced-coffee + ice cream-filled one. 

_____________________________________________________________

Also! Fun bonus, since I was pleasantly surprised by y'all's positive reactions to my first (and very random) video, I decided to make another one talking about some of my recent beauty + style favorites...all of which are pink. 



Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter: Raspberry Pie// Paris Amour Body Lotion// Pink Chiffon Fragrance Mist// Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm: Red Dahlia

Above are the links to some of the products I mentioned in between dropping almost everything, saying"ingredient-es" instead of ingredients, and essentially being quite blurry. If I film another video, I'll be sure to use my DSLR for better quality. Hope you enjoy and happy Monday, friends!


10 comments:

  1. You rock those colors, girl. I love the orange+turqouise combination!
    Country Girl's Daybook: Jesus, Photography, Fashion, & Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iris - something about those two colors just scream summer to me!

      Delete
  2. You are just adorable. Lovee those sunnies too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunnies are the best! Thanks, Abbey darling!

      Delete
  3. You are sooooo gorgeous! ♥ I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Clare! So wish I could visit with you and talk about Baby A in person! Love you dearly, sister mine.

      Delete
  4. I love that color combo! They look great on you + that eyeliner is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I love how great orange looks on us warm-toned skinned girls. ;)

      Delete
  5. That outfit is TOO cute. I've been loving deep, bright scarlet colors lately. And as much as I'd love to watch the video, it seems to be private! :) Anyway. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 22, 2014

    You have the SWEETEST voice. :)

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!