May: My Kind of Day

Thursday, May 1, 2014


Happy 1st of May, lovelies!

I can't believe spring is officially here...I'm not a fan of heat (despite living in the South), so the gorgeous sunny, breezy + blue-skied days of May are my favorites. Plus, there's graduations, baby showers, bridal showers, and weddings to go to...it's such a happy month!

I turned in my second-to-last paper of the semester today and finished the second level of honors classes today as did my best friend. Our honors program is heavy on the workload the first two years and only requires a few other program-specific classes during junior and senior year. So we were especially thrilled and ecstatic! Tomorrow's our last day of sophomore classes - we're both juniors already by hours, but it's crazy to think we're halfway done with college. Aaaaahhhh.




This is my "I-stayed-up-until-two-a.m-finishing-this-paper-and-I-want-it-AWAY-from-me-now!"
And we both showed up in orange...a usual occurrence. Our brains often make fashion choices on the same wavelengths.

Also, there haven't been many Modest Monday posts lately, so I thought you'd enjoy seeing one of my recent outfits. I am an ardent flannel lover...and jeans! I'm wearing jeans, something I don't think has ever been on the blog before. Most of my fashion posts have included skirts or dresses. Anyways, I've been wearing jeans on a regular basis during the last semester, more so than usual. They're fun, casual + a classic.

After snapping this poor quality picture, we headed out for a late lunch of fried chicken + french fries and I'm doing the work thing right now. Now for more paper writing...Friday needs to hurry up and get here!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Amanda said...

Love the look! I don't have flannel myself, but I love the look... I'll have to get me some flannel!

Iris - Country Girl's Daybook said...

Happy May! These days are my favorites, too. :) And flannels are the best! My brother left me his when he went into the service (of course, they're way too big, but they're soooooo comfy).

Aspirer said...

Congrats, girlie!! <3

Grace HincapiƩ said...

I have to agree with May being a happy month! Congrats on almost being finished with Sophomore year! <3