Life Hopes + Dreams

Saturday, April 26, 2014


I want to live life to the fullest of each breathless and giddy moment.

I want to kiss someone while it's snowing.

I want to go for a road trip, no plans, no aforethought, just spur-of-the-moment 'hey, why not?' 

I want to drink chai lattes in the morning over crisp white paper and pen inking out words from my heart.

I want to eat a Virginia apple in the fall, in a Virginia orchard. 

I want to kiss someone often. 

I want to travel, often and always. The Midwest, the Pacific Coast, the Swiss Alps, the hills of Provence, the countryside of Wales, the rocky hills of Ireland, the beaches of Nantucket, the glorious valleys and breath-snatching views of New Zealand.

I want to photograph weddings + capture love + cry every time I see a bride walk down the isle to her groom - no matter how many weddings I shoot.

I want to have a blue-eyed, dark-haired daughter, as impossible as my chances of passing on blue eyes genes are.

I want to have a stack of rings that I wear, each one with a meaning.

I want to write and be paid for it. Or write anyways, even if I'm not paid for it.

I want to dance to soft jazz with a person who will hold me close.

I want to cut my hair short and love the freedom that will come with it.

I want to hug tightly and fiercely and daily.

I want to build a collection of hats - bowler, fedora, you name it.

I want to bake pies and give them to my favorite people. 

I want to curl up on a window seat and take sun naps.

I want to have cats, several if need be, but one at least. 

I want to paint things striped and polka dotted but not both. 

I want to hold hands on a warm, hot, sticky summer day and smile as we hold hands anyway.

I want to have a suitcase that is regularly used.

I want to treasure silence and the calm of morning entering the house more than I treasure my phone and the sound of technology. 

I want to capture art, wild + lovely.

I want to tickle-fight in the grass and laugh long + loud. 

I want to kiss in the rain, beneath an umbrella, outside a coffeeshop. 

I want to drink deep, not only of coffeecups and life, but of God.

I want to live all different messy + colorful, raw bits of the world. Those are my hopes and dreams. My life plans. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an altogether beautiful, joyful, quirky life. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much thanks, Grace. <3 God bless you, too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a well lived life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, to each and every one. <3

    ReplyDelete