21

My birthday was on the 8th...and it's strange and yet not strange to be 21.

I feel the same as I did the night before, when I was still 20. And yet...I was already different.

Something changed in me at the start of the year.

I felt lost, confused, struggling through winter.

I wanted to be anything I'm not.



But slowly, I've slipped into a new me. In some ways it feels familiar and comforting like the old me and now there's parts that are new, that have changed and shifted.

But tonight, I am content. I am me. And me is...chai lattes, yoga pants + long sweaters, blunt long bangs, wearing dark colors, seeking sunlight. Not wanting a fuss to be made over me. Being drawn to dark, moody photos and the elusive emptiness of expansive plains + tall smoky mountains. Thin gold rings, scarves and scarves knotted, an increasing introvertedness that loves quiet.

It's me.



Comments

  1. Happy birthday!! And lovely introspection... thank you for sharing. Sometimes our souls need winters in order to appreciate the spring. :)

    With love,
    aspirer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! I quite agree - I wouldn't trade this winter for anything...I love how you put it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!