Weekend Favorites

Saturday, January 18, 2014


I've listened to Ingrid Michaelson's music probably more than I should...her station is one of my top go-tos on Pandora and I just love her light, but soul-stirring music. I've been listening to Do It Now and Fire when I get up in the morning. Starts the day on a cheery note.



I am still obsessed beyond measure with everything Frozen. Also, this fan art almost made me cry. So many feels.


All three by xxMeMoRiEzxx

I've been wearing black a great deal this week. The weather's alternated between chilly mornings and warm afternoons here, but something about dark colors keep me returning to them. I love dark colors when I'm feeling quiet and don't want to be noticed - or when I've decided I want an edgy look. I wore an Lorde-inspired outfit the other day, complete with winged eyeliner + smoky eyes.



Stairs, shadows, and fairy tale woods. My inner writer is itching to create stories from these images.

The lovely WishWishWish blog - I can't get enough of her retro style, adorable hair, and fabulous London location pics! Give her a follow; I'm so excited to read more of her posts.

Sunshine. The first day of classes was so hot by mid-afternoon and all I wanted to do was escape from the sun...but after that, I found myself chasing during the late afternoons, wanting nothing more than to sit in it and drink up the warm, life-giving rays. Probably because I've been musing over some things lately. Sunshine is so comforting  - it asks nothing in return, only gives its warmth.

The tv show Chuck. It's been over for some time, but I'm just now discovering its hilarity and Zachary Levi's adorable nerdiness as a IT guy who is forced to become a spy after national secrets are downloaded into his head. So, so funny and cute. Nerds all the way!

Bangs. I got mine snipped shorter over break. They are so versatile; I'm enjoying playing around with them.

This quote:



What are you loving lately? Happy long weekend, friends! 

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. The Frozen fan art, with baby Kristoff and Anna--!!! Do you wanna build a snowman?

    And the Oscar Wilde quote. It makes me smile every time I'm reminded of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aspirer, I truly cannot get enough of Frozen...especially because of this fan art! And yes, I love that quote too. :)

      Delete