Taking a cue from Jessica and popping in with a 'real life' here's-what-I've-been-up-to post. There have been a lamentable lack of fashion posts and a whole lot of talk about sunlight and stirrings of the soul.
The latter isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I do like to have more cheerful, "I wore pink today" posts on here too.
1. It has been FREEZING here...and I mean freezing as in "Southern-freezing" 20-degree weather. Yes, I am aware it is below negative in other parts of the country. It's still cold. But without the snow. Or at least until last week...when I realized there were small white flurries in the air. Sadly, it wasn't heavy enough to cover the ground, but there were definitely tiny sprinkles, so I broke out the rubber boots.
Sad, Southern "snow." sigh.
2. And this was the next day - sunny, warm, and with a lovely breeze. Per my sunlight-filled posts, I've been soaking up the sunshine by studying outside on the days when it's not frigid. Sunlight + the Dario Marianelli station on Pandora = happiness.
3. I headed up to Austin for the annual Texas Pro-Life Rally with a group of 40 college kids from our church and was so blessed to march along several hundred pro-life people. It was a beautiful day and a true testament to the power of the people. It is indeed up to us to end abortion - and we can.
4. Also, I met a blog reader in Austin! (There is also not enough excitement or '!!!!' to express how over the moon that made me - it's still crazy to think that people I've never met before read my blog). A huge shout-out to Hero, who recognized me at the post-rally party at the UT Catholic Student Center; she asked me if I had a blog and then told me she was a reader. It was so lovely to meet you!
4. This. This right here describes my week and how I wish I could "party" every day.
5. I went dancing with friends for the first time in a looooong time - which, here in Texas, means heading to a Western place where country music, jeans, and boots abound. There was plenty of two-step, waltz, and some good old-fashioned freestyle dancing to the latest hits. I was ridiculously sore the next morning, but so happy I'd gone. All the stress melted away for a few hours while we danced to the music.
6. Also, never wear a dress if you're going Western dancing. Guys spin you and much skirt-holding-down ensues. Do as I say, not as I do, kids.
7. Hannah's post about grief. So real and raw and beautiful. It hurt my heart while reading it, because I am in the exact same place she is right now. Click over and soak up her beautiful words.
8. Y'all. The amount of coffee in me is quite possibly getting ridiculous. My lovely roommate got a Keurig for Christmas and is sweet enough to let me use it. Some
most mornings, it's the only thing that can convince me out of bed.
9. I discovered Ed Sheeran's album "+" - a redheaded British musician with a light, folksy sound? Yes, please. Little Bird, Small Bump, and Wake Me Up are among my favorite songs of his.
What's your week been like? I'd love to hear - any new favorite artists or blog posts that you've read recently?