Following the Sunlight



I've been quiet lately.

Musing. Hungering for peace + God's touch. For solitude and grace.

For sunlight.



I wrote in my last post

  I've found myself chasing sunlight during the late afternoons, wanting nothing more than to sit in it and drink up the warm, life-giving rays. Probably because I've been musing over some things lately. Sunshine is so comforting  - it asks nothing in return, only gives its warmth.

And it's true. I've been aching for that warmth + quiet and time alone with my soul...time to breathe and think and be. It's been an eventful first week of school, leaving me thoughtful and wanting to grasp my goals + hopes for this year. The night before classes started, I found myself with a word in my mind. One word, that described how I felt for the day. A word for that day. 

Prepared. 

I jotted it down in my phone, on the note app and added the date. I didn't think anything of it at first. But then the next day came and at the end of it, I found myself with another word in my mind. 

And so it went. For the past week. 

There is a small yet meaningful sense of contentment and satisfaction in choosing one word to mark my overall feelings for the day. A tangible, one-word memory.


I intend to keep on, and may even attempt to take a photograph each day that captures that one word. I'm not taking a photography class this semester, so I've been itching to take my camera out and capture more of daily life - to search for and follow the sunshine. The beauty in each day. 


I'm not holding myself to the photo-a-day aspect as I know things will get crazy and I will rush and run and miss some days. But what photos I do capture, I may share on here with the words that accompany them. 

So here is today's word.


Content.


What is your word for today? 

Comments

  1. This is so inspiring, particularly as I begin my final semester in college. I might very well join you in this ambition. God bless you, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Sarah Therese - and yes, you should certainly try it! Good luck with your final semester, girl! God bless!

      Delete
  2. I echo Sarah. This is very inspiring - you're inspiring. Blessings. :)
    ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: #whywemarch http://bit.ly/1aEsJk2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Iris - I love the blogging world because we're constantly sharing inspiration...it's a lovely chain that keeps going on. God bless, dear!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Your pictures are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely - and inspiring - idea Raewyn! Can't wait to see more of your beautiful images and words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!