Bow Along

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy Wednesday!

I was recently asked by Brilliant Earth to design an outfit based on some of their lovely jewelry. They specialize in ethically sourced diamonds and jewelry, and are passionate about improving the jewelry industry with regards to sustainability. I think they have a great vision and decided to participate.

 I chose the 18k White Gold Hudson diamond ring from the vintage set as I loved the simpleness of the ring as well as the perfect amount of sparkle.


Brilliant Earth Vintage set




I am a vintage girl through and through. I adore full skirts, chic striped shirts, bows, and color, so this outfit was a perfect combination! Pairing a striped top with a fluffy knee-length skirt is a style I come back to again and again. I love the classic elegance and French feel of black + white together.

 But there always needs to be some color! I recently purchased a similar pair of  blue heels (for only $10) and love them. The higher and brighter the heels, the better. I'm also a huge fan of putting opposite colors together, so I loved the rich plum-burgundy coat. The ombre nails were only too fun a touch.

One of my favorite beauty looks when I'm wearing vintage or lots of color to go for a dramatic cat-eye with liquid eyeliner. I love the sleekness. I usually keep the rest of my makeup simple by opting for soft, silver eyes and pale pink lips. I especially love Revlon's Peach Parfait Colorburst Lip Butter. And of course, when it comes to accessories, you can't go wrong with a beaded blue clutch...and as we're heading into spring, we're also heading into rain, so I thought this polka dot umbrella was perfect for the vintage theme.

Shoes: Jessica Simpson// Top: Amazon// Coat: House of Fraser// Skirt: Orla Kiely// Clutch: Urban Expressions// Umbrella: Oasis// Eyeshadow: Revlon Creme// Lipstick: Revlon// Eyeliner: Stila Waterproof// Nail polish: NARS + Essie

What's your favorite style? Do you ever wear vintage?




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Iris Hanlin - Writer/Photographer said...

I absolutely love vintage styles... My mom consistently says that I should've been born a few decades ago. That ring is stunning! I like how it's not too overwhelmingly big, but still sizable enough to be noticed. :) Time to go pour over more engagement rings on Pinterest... :p

~ Country Girl's Daybook
Recently posted: Vintage Bluebird Locket Giveaway. --> http://bit.ly/1kC6Jgh

Lisa said...

I can really see you wearing that outfit--it's classy with a little twist of spunk. :) I sew and knit most of my own clothes (at this point at least), so my favorite style is A me-made and B, vintage inspired. I may not be the girl sporting a topper and a crinoline, but I like to keep the (more modest) styles of the past in mind when I start creating.

Grace said...

So classy. Vintage is the best. I don't know where I'd be without my 1930s hat. :) God bless you!


Recently---> http://garlicgraffiti.blogspot.ca/2014/01/the-problem-with-valentines-day-from.html

Raewyn said...

Iris, agreed - I would pick the 1950's if I could go back! And the reasons you listed are exactly why I liked the ring so much. It has enough sparkle, but isn't too over the top. ;)

Raewyn said...

Aw, thank you, Lisa! I do love color and swingy skirts. :) That is so impressive that you make most of your own clothes...I took a costume sewing class and made a 1950s dress, so I understand how much work goes into creating a complete piece. Go you!

Raewyn said...

Yay, another vintage lover! You should post some fashion pics on your blog of your hat, Grace - it sounds beautiful!