Monday, December 23, 2013

Modest Monday: Cinderella Blues




 Happy Monday! Who's ready for Christmas? 


I'm still in disbelief that Christmas is only two days away....what is this madness? Thankfully I've gotten most of my shopping and wrapping done, so now it's time to start baking and enjoying the holiday movies. I'm planning on getting out for fresh air too, though, after spending so much time either inside studying or in a car to travel back home during these past few weeks. 


Also, Modest Monday returns! I've been drawn to the cool, winter tones lately rather than bright red and other holiday colors (although I love those too). I think it's the lack of snow...I associate sweaters and other cozy wear with freezing cold + snow. In other words, I'm longing for a New England white Christmas. 


I'll take the slightly rainy and windy Christmas here in the South though...the wind would not let up during the shoot for this outfit! 


I started with this comfortable blue shirt and decided to carry the blue accents over into my make-up and accessories.

Outfit details: 
shirt// Cato's
skirt// Wet Seal
necklace// Marshall's 
shoes// thrifted
eye shadow// Elf 
lipstick// Colorburst Revlon Lip Butter #053 "Sorbet"


I went with Cinderella blues + silver for my eyes and a soft, bright pink for the lips. It was a fun change from my usual eye make-up which is normally more neutral. I used Revlon's new lip butter color Sorbet, which I picked up this summer. It's such a bright pink color I didn't really touch it because I was afraid it was too cool a shade for my warm coloring. But I've surprised myself with how much I like it...if you rock something with enough confidence, it works, no? 

It just goes to show that sometimes you just need to think pink!


Yes, those are my real eyelashes. My youngest sister asked me if I was wearing fake ones, but these are 100% mine. We're all blessed with long, thick, dark eyelashes, so wearing mascara is more of a preference rather than a necessity for my sister and I. I love the dramatic look it adds, so I almost always wear it anyways if I have my contacts in. 



This necklace is a style I usually shy away from, as much as I love the short chunky look. I don't have a long neck and these types of necklaces can sometimes accentuate the fact, but I've been wearing this one quite a bit as it's not choker-length short. 


I love how the delicate blue contrasts with the silver almost-chain-metal-feel. I've worn it as a necklace or as a headband and both have gone with outfits nicely. 


I love this dark sage green broomstick skirt (I have more than one, in fact) and wear it on a regular basis. And of course, it's not a winter outfit without boots! These were a lucky find at Goodwill - my mother calls them my "Catwoman" boots. And I have to agree with her.


Y'all. Can we talk about my hair for a minute?


 I stepped outside and BAM. I turned into Merida from Brave instantly...and the wind didn't exactly reduce the volume of my hair either. So. much. hair. It's been getting ridiculously long lately and I absolutely love it. It's naturally wavy and thick, so pulling it into a top knot, a pony tail, or even leaving it down like I usually do is more exciting than it used to be. 

_______________________________________________________________


 Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post. Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit. 

Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion and style for purity. 
 Modesty does not equal frumpy. This is my way of showing that modesty can be fashionable and pretty. I'm a girl determined to live a life of 
purity, 
modesty, 
and plenty of style. 

Also, I'm contemplating putting together a makeup post about what products I've been loving lately. Drop a comment below if you'd be interested in that sort of thing! Or not. No pressure, whatsoever.
 And that's all for now, friends. I'm off to sing along to the Frozen soundtrack for the 7 billionth time and plan the Christmas menu. Hope your Monday's been a lovely one!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, hair explosion! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I feel ya on the hair explosion... Totes McGoats. Merry Christmas!!

    http://www.iris-hanlin.com

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!