Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's Beginning to Feel Like Christmas Eve


It's Christmas Eve! A day of magic and promise...of last minute scurries, of getting ready for Christmas Eve Mass, and of slowing down with awe and silence as twilight falls and the most beautiful day of the year nears. 


A little Michael Buble + some Polar Express for your listening pleasure... Michael's 'Cold December Night' is a new favorite of mine. Grab a mug of hot chocolate and remember to slow down + relax today...



Outfit details: 
skirt//Cato's
shirt//thrifted
vest//thrifted
scarf// friend's
boots//thrifted
ring//Premier Jewelry
earrings//Claire's
lipstick// Rimmel 
nail polish//Julep


I signed up for Julep's Maven's box subscription, which meant after taking a style quiz, I was sent a box of different nail polish each month based on my style "It Girl." The lovely matte grey above was from my November box. 



Love Fair Isle patterns; while this isn't an exact, it's close-looking for only a few dollars. I know I constantly sing the praises of thrift stores, but you really do find cute pieces. I've worn this skirt with almost every color!


The irony of these pictures is that I had straightened my hair before we left the house...it was sleek + smooth.


Until I arrived at the Christmas tree farm. Hooray humidity! 





All of these pictures were shot by my lovely + talented sister, Fey. 


You'd think being a photographer would make me better behaved when it comes to being in front of the camera...not. 


The younger brother (and next oldest) decided to jump in...


All the Christmas cheer and cuteness. As well as swag from the little bro. 




 A very restful + joyous Christmas Eve to you, dear readers. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I guess your hair was just not in the mood to be straight! :) You look really cute, I love the pattern of that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister's a great photographer! I especially love the ones where you're holding the wreath up to your face. :)

    I always have dilemmas about what to wear during the day on Christmas Eve, because I'm always busy, but I want to look a little festive nevertheless...your outfit is perfect, with the Fair Isle and the touches of red!

    A merry and blessed Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!