Home

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's the day before Thanksgiving and I couldn't be happier...I'm homeeeeeeee!

Oliver the Owl says 'Happy Thanksgiving' too. 
It's cold, and a bit on the rainy side, but it's home. After a very rainy drive, I made it back and was whisked off to Panera Bread by my mudder for a late lunch...last night and today were busy as I had two papers to finish, but they've both been submitted, so hello, Thanksgiving!

I know we're one day away from all the Christmas madness exploding on the scene, so I'm soaking up fall as much as possible.

“Fall has always been my favorite season. 
The time when everything bursts with its last beauty,
as if nature had been saving up all year 
for the grand finale.” 
~Lauren DeStefano


Here's some of my favorite things from this week so far:

Fontina grilled cheese + tomato soup  = bliss.

SLEEPING IN UNTIL NOON, for the first time in a long time. So good.

Hugging the brothers who are teenagers and taller than me, but still as goofy as four-year-olds.

White cheddar macaroni. Heaven + love rolled into one creamy, cheesy bowl.

Peppermint chocolate Milano cookies...how did I not know these existed??!?

Sunny, cold photoshoots for Christmas card pictures. I love what I do and the people I am blessed to photograph.

Hot chocolate on a cozy couch while snuggled up with the best friend, a warm dachshund, and pillows.

Jeans and boots. This Texas girl is home for Thanksgiving indeed.

Gold, orange, and red leaves that are crunchy, swirling perfection as they float through the air and pile on the ground.



The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like
they're falling in love with the ground.” 
~Andre Gibson

Picking out which pies and desserts to make for tomorrow.

Cats. Cats are grand, especially when they stretch out and nap on a chair. There's something so cozy about the sight of them curled up in sleepy fluffiness.

The 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who on the silver screen - yes, I was able to see it in a movie theater full of Whovians and friends. We held hands, laughed, shrieked, and almost cried at the brilliant magic that was Matt Smith + David Tennant. John Hurt was quite epic as well, as the War Doctor.

I also dressed up as Clara Oswald and got my picture with a Dalek.

Life is good.

“I am grateful for what I am and have. 
My thanksgiving is perpetual…O how I laugh 
when I think of my vague indefinite riches. 
No run on my bank can drain it, 
for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.” 
~Henry David Thoreau

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Amanda said...

Yes! I just discovered fontina grilled cheese and tomato soup the other day! So amazing!

Also... I am very, very jealous that you got to see the 50th in the theater. Alas, it did not work out for me so I had to be content with my laptop screen. Still, it was epic!