{31 Days} Day 26: Living Art


Linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky for a grand finish to the 31 day series...I'm sharing the art I have been creating this year, but have not quite mentioned or fully shown on here. All images shot by yours truly.



I love photography.

I do not think there are adequate words to express the quiet joy, overwhelming fulfillment, and sheer magic that I feel when a moment is captured through light + patience.



A photograph is a view into someone's soul - their very essence. Their self revealed to the world.



To capture that is an honor beyond description. It is worth the wait, the worried glance at the sky, the sheer chance that the ray of sun will hit the person's face just so; worth the long hours on my feet, the plethora of wild and uncomfortable poses in order to achieve the perfect angle.




Some people need time and coaxing to come out of their shell, to truly laugh and smile, to be. 


When that happens - and even better, when I am able and quick enough to capture it on camera - I see a glimpse of their soul. Of the life within them.

When that happens, I can feel Art. I can feel it in the weight of the camera, in the sun glancing off hair, in the gleam of someone's eyes, in the breaths between shots...I can feel it all around me.

 In me.

A part of me.


When I am completely immersed in the act of photography, feet planted, eyes surveying, voice instructing, fingers clicking...then. Then I am living out Art. 










It is not stagnant, and only alive when I am finished, when I have gotten the perfect shot or finished editing.



I feel art when I am creating.

Creating art itself is Art.


Photo credit//me, myself + I


This is Day 26 of 31 Days

Comments

  1. Your pictures are gorgeous! I love how you capture the light and the life. Amazing!
    Stopping by from Emily's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I deeply appreciate your sweet words!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that picture of Jessica and I! Wahhhhh. Made me want to cry.
    I love you and your insane talents<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin - I love it too! Y'all are just too wonderful and so good together as friends. Love you and your amazing self also!

      Delete
  3. Grace your art is beautiful. It is truly a gift to know what brings you alive while in your early twenties. I have a feeling you will be making art to bless others for a very very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you so much - I was so touched by your words. That you took the time to read my little post and then leave a comment was very sweet. God bless!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures, fellow Grace! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear Grace! ;)

      Delete
  5. beautiful... so amazingly beautiful. i'm treasuring and soaking in the gorgeous photos. so glad to find you through chatting at the sky! bless your art heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, Ms. Leslie! I'm so happy you enjoyed my pictures - it is such a joy when someone is able find beauty in the moments I've been allowed to capture.

      Delete
  6. These are gorgeous! You've truly captured a moment and a story in each picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So grateful for your kind compliment, Ms. Caroline!

      Delete
  7. You are definitely blessed with a talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Brittany. <3 You are blessed with a beautiful wonderful daughter who lets me photograph her.

      Delete
  8. really enjoyed the black & whites especially. so emotion-filled & deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariah - I love, love black and white for the exact reason you stated. They are so poignant and emotion-filled, more so than color shots.

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!