{31 Days} Day 22: Words from Women

Wednesday, October 30, 2013


Day 22 of 31 Days.

“It's definitely difficult being a woman and growing up a girl.
 When you're graceful, people say you lack personality; when you're serene, people say you're boring; when you're confident, people say you're arrogant; when you're feminine, people say you're too girly; and when you climb trees, people say you're too much of a tomboy! As a woman, you really need to develop a very strong sense of self and the earlier you can do that, the better!
~C. JoyBell C. 

“Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; 
dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” 
~Coco Chanel 

“Why do women want to dress like men when they’re fortunate enough to be women? Why lose femininity, which is one of our greatest charms? We get more accomplished by being charming than we would be flaunting around in pants and smoking. I’m very fond of men. I think they are wonderful creatures. I love them dearly. But I don’t want to look like one. When women gave up their long skirts, they made a grave error…” 
~Tasha Tudor


“We are women, and my plea is Let me be a woman, holy through and through, asking for nothing but what God wants to give me, receiving with both hands and with all my heart whatever that is.” 
~Elisabeth Elliot 

“It’s the fire in my eyes, 

And the flash of my teeth, 

The swing in my waist, 
And the joy in my feet. 
I’m a woman 
Phenomenally.” 

~Maya Angelo

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. 
She just did it backwards and in high heels.” 
~Ann Richards

“It's not very easy to grow up into a woman. We are always taught, almost bombarded, with ideals of what we should be at every age in our lives...but there are four things admirable for a woman to be, at any age! Whether you are four or forty-four or nineteen! It's always wonderful to be elegant, it's always fashionable to have grace, it's always glamorous to be brave, and it's always important to own a delectable perfume!"
~ C. JoyBell C. 

“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
~Nora Ephron

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!