Monday, October 28, 2013

{31 Days} Day 21: The Life I Want to Lead

You can read my other 31 Days posts here. 

So many of us girls and women chase after a perfect ideal... "If I can just balance school and work and studying and exercising and cooking healthy and being perfectly organized and always looking put together, then I'll be happy. 

But will we? Or do we lose the actual beauty and rhythm and joy of life when we try too hard to live a perfect one? 

My family is large and chaotic and crazy and noisy and nothing ever goes perfectly according to plan...I grew up like that and I'm that way also now at college. But you know what? 

It's okay. 

I'm not saying  that it is all right to disregard your studies or cease to put in effort. Life takes a lot of hard work and elbow grease. But I think when we stop trying to reach the goal of a perfect unattainable life, then that's when we can truly start living. No one is perfect. So why should and how can anyone's life ever be perfect? 

Maybe we need to stop trying to live a perfect one. And just look around at the life we're already living. 

I love the life that I am living right now - I want my life to be messy and beautiful...simple and colorful.






I know for a fact that those sort of things can exist in harmony. I want my life to continue to be an adventure where I wake up and wonder not only what I did to deserve such blessings, but also to marvel at the amazing complexity and breath-snatching wondrous beauty all around me, whether in the calm of a dawn morning in the woods, the serenity of reading in a dear friend's company, or basking in the warm sun while music wings through the air bewitchingly.

And forget not 
that the earth delights
to feel your bare feet
and the winds 
long to play
with your hair
~Kahlil Gibran



If Life is a book, then I want mine to be a mixture of Chronicles of Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, and Harry Potter: filled with exploring, deep and lovely friendships, and good food.

If Life is a movie, then I want mine to be a mixture of We Bought A Zoo, P. S. I Love You, The Last Holiday: living life to the fullest, following your heart, doing what you love, having 20 seconds of insane courage + trusting that something great will come of it.

If I can live a life like that, then I truly couldn't ask for more.

Messy and beautiful.



Two things that go well together.

“A lifetime isn't forever, so take the first chance, don't wait for the second one! 
Because sometimes, there aren't second chances! And if it turns out to be a mistake? 
So what! This is life! A whole bunch of mistakes! 
But if you never get a second chance at something you didn't take a first chance at? 
That's true failure.” 
~C. Joybell C.

Because life's not perfect, and if I wait and plan and Pin for a life like that...I'll be waiting a very long time.

I'd rather live now.


Source: Pinterest

Mess, craziness, and absurdity now. Because there's beauty, love, and grace in those.

It's the messy and beautiful life that's worth living. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. It's so true, and just what I needed to hear!
    -Cordelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome - thank you so much for reading!

      Delete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!