{31 Days} Day 2: What It Means to Be a Young Woman of God


Good morning, girls! This is Day 2 of the 31 Days and I'm writing this with a full heart + a mind even more firmly convicted than ever.

Womanhood is so, so very precious. When I think about what my role and calling as a woman truly is, I'm overwhelmed + honored + joyous + and nervous. But most of all, I am hopeful.

Because I don't think we really understand sometimes what it means to be a woman. What it means to be a woman of God. Especially a young woman! I think we forget that we are already living out our role and task of womanhood...I know I've thought before that being a woman and wholeheartedly embracing that role was something for older women, who were married or mothers or working or just...grown up.


But y'all...that is the farthest thing from the truth. You don't simply grow up one day and suddenly become a woman. You ARE a woman now. A young one, yes - but a woman in every aspect: you are a young person blessed with the gift of femininity, compassion, intelligence, maturity, and understanding.

The high school, college, and post college years are the most pivotal years in a woman's life. Because those are the years of formation, of searching and deepening in faith, of finding yourself.

Of fulfilling who you were meant and made to be. 

What does that mean though?

 How can you live out a calling of womanhood?

What does that look like in a real life, day-to-day context?

 And how do you become the woman God created you to be?

 I've been pondering these questions lately, looking to women in my life for inspiration, and searching my heart for the truths that I know are deeply ingrained there.

I've come to realize I can't live out my calling or become a woman of God without His grace...it's necessary not only in order to be a woman, but to be the best Catholic Christian, friend, daughter, student, and person that I can and should be. Within our calling to be young women of God is a deeper calling that requires us to be authentically our best individual selves that He created. It is then, when we do so, that we are able to live for Him.

And I need His grace in every part of my life - there's no area or aspect that does not require His grace so that I may live my life out to the fullest. Grace is so important and comes in so many different forms + ways.


The world tells us we have to be perfect - God whispers that we just need His grace and a desire to pour it out in our lives. I've learned when you open yourself up to God's grace, it naturally overflows into the various aspects of your life...and into the lives of those around you. 

So I'm holding fast to His grace. I'm endeavoring to discover what it means to live my life filled with it and how to share it with others.

 I'm holding myself to a standard of grace. In more ways than one. ;)

Comments