Monday, October 21, 2013

{31 Days} Day 15: The Sweetness of Being You



I've written before about knowing who you are...but being content with who you are, with what your life looks like, finding joy and peace in your everyday is even more vital.

Credit: Bernadette Savage

loving your natural hair color

speaking and walking with the easy confidence that says 'I am happy being me; I don't need to prove something different to the world.'

making your grandmother's peach cobbler

treasuring the way the swing seat creaks on the porch

understanding that you are not the best at time management

Source: Pinterest

granting yourself time to breathe and decompress alone after being around a multitude of people

Source: Pinterest

choosing the bright hues of color that you are repeatedly drawn to

writing the words that you want to, in the style you love



painting, even if it is messy, because that is how you like it

finding your signature piece, such as eye-catching rings or stripes or green or hats or jeans


playing the music you love, even if it is different from what your friends take delight in

granting yourself the sunsets that you want to remember watching

accepting that chocolate is one of your necessities for living

taking + claiming those moments of solitude and beauty so your soul can breathe

Source: Pinterest
knowing that you are a person of touch, of hugs and love.

Source: Pinterest


That's the sweetness of being you.

6 comments:

  1. You know Bernadette Savage? Sorry to be random, but she was in my section at the Thomas Aquinas College 2 week summer program this year. :)

    By the way, lovely post!
    ♥ Aspirer
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aspirer - yes, I do! She's photographed me for my fashion blog posts before and is a great family friend! What a small world...I know she absolutely loved the TAC program this summer!

    And thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautious. <3 I needed this today; thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear, Grace. :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Chocolate is a necessity to life - I just wanted to tell you that I love you state this, and I love that you're doing this 31 days of blogging, it is always a joy to read you posts, and God uses you for great things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! Always lovely to meet another person who believes chocolate is a necessity of life. ;) I appreciate your sweet words so much! God bless!

      Delete

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!