Modest Monday: Casual Fun in the Sun

Monday, September 16, 2013


Hello, lovelies! I hope you're having a fabulous Monday so far  - I've got iced coffee and sunshine over here, so I can't really complain.

 I enjoyed a mellow weekend that also managed to be surprisingly productive...but as my best friend and I discussed the other day over dinner, the madness will probably start soon. 17 hours of classes is no light matter, so I'm trying my best to stay on top of things and get assignments done early! It's amazing what that does for one's peace of mind. If there's one thing I hate, it's rushing to finish something the night before (or day) that it is due. I find without fail, quality is sacrificed because of the time crunch. 


As usual, here in Texas, summer reigns eternal...I'm beginning to think this state is like Narnia: "Always summer, never fall." It's always difficult to enjoy the autumn season, I feel, because here it doesn't really make an appearance until October, which goes by quickly. Then it's Thanksgiving and everyone's talking about Christmas! 


Sigh. 

Until then, I'm doing my best to soak up the sweet, calm summer evenings of sun and warmth - to live in + enjoy the present. Today I thought it'd be fun to show you one of my more casual outfits, when it's almost too hot to "dress up" or wear long skirts and dresses. Photography by the lovely Leslie Calhoun. 


I love taking a very simple, casual outfit like a plain skirt and t-shirt and adding fun, bold accessories for a pop!


Since I'm all about that color, as you can tell. ;)



Shirt// college shirt 
Skirt// thrifted
Shoes// gift from a friend
Sunglasses// Target
Lipstick// this one (#111) + L'Oreal 350 (British Red) 
 [I wanted a ultra bright cherry red, so I mixed the two]




A friend of mine sweetly dubbed me the "Queen of Red Lips" the other day, which I found hilarious...surely I don't wear red lipstick that much. No...of course not. 



Weeeeell....maybe. Just a bit. Perhaps. Possibly? (There are much worse things in life to be called, I might point out. I'm perfectly content to be the queen of red lips.)

My sad, 'I-want-fall-NOW!' face.

 This living in the present thing is going well. Clearly. 


But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the balmy, sun-soaked hours that stretch the light past 7:30 p.m. and are perfect for picnics or studying outside...



Happy Monday, and a wonderful week to you! Go put on some red lipstick and show Monday who's boss. Anything is possible if you have red lips. 

xoxo, 
Grace

Pss. My gorgeous redhead friend Caitlin started the blog Beauties, Bliss, and Bears with the equally gorgeous Jessica, and I snapped some pictures of her fabulous fashion the other day.



____________________________________________________________


 Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post. Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit. 

Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion and style for purity. 
 Modesty does not equal frumpy. This is my way of showing that modesty can be fashionable and pretty. I'm a girl determined to live a life of 
purity, 
modesty, 
and plenty of style. 

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, how do you always have the cutest shoes?? I love them!

    Enjoy your sunshine! It's rather dark and gloomy out here this morning.

    God bless!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so confused when I saw my face at the end of this. Thank you so much for sharing us and getting our name out there, means the world to me. Also I am super jelly of your red lips. I cannot pull off the bright colour sadly, thus I am rocking a blush coloured lip today. Lots of love!

    xoxo Caitlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shades & hair scarf. Adorbs!

    Also, you can totally rock those red lips!

    ReplyDelete