Modest Outfit Love + Scrumptious Blog Award

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hello! I've been a bit quiet on here lately due to numerous back-to-back tests and then finals (I took some summer classes). Because of that, I haven't been able to write a Modest Monday post for the past two weeks, for which I apologize!

  So to make up for that, I've put together a post with some of my favorite modest summer outfits I've been loving and pinning on my Pinterest boards lately.












 I also received the Scrumptious blog award from my lovely "sister" Clare (check out her beautiful blog - she just got married!)




Rules
1) Once you are awarded, post about it on your blog and leave a link back to the person who awarded you
2) Answer all the questions on the tag
3) Do not award anyone who has less than 100 followers
4) Come up with ten new questions
5) Keep your questions clean and refrain from using vile language
6) Tag 5 to 10 people

Clare’s Questions

1. What book are you reading right now?



My Life in France by Julia Child, which I wholeheartedly adore so far. Julia's voice is so charming and her description of France (and food) is everything I dreamed it to be. Warning: you will want to pack up and immediately move to Paris after reading it. 

2. Which of the four Gospels is your favorite?
Probably John...I love the beginning: "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God..."

3. Is your home style more sleek and modern, or antique and quirky?
Heh. My mom's decorating style is very simplistic, so our home is very monochromatic with warm neutrals and wood accents. It's a soft modern with classic touches, I suppose. 


4. Do you like poetry?
I do. I don't read enough in my spare time, but I've a love for reciting Shakespeare's sonnets, Edna St. Vincent Millay, and John Keats.


5. What are a few of your hobbies?
Oy vey. Shall I count the stars? I'm one of those crazy people who almost couldn't decide on a major becuase I want to do more than one thing! I love, love acting, singing + dancing. If I could, I'd be a theater major. I also love thrift shopping, making to-do lists, photography (see #7), and cooking. And dancing. 
Oh, and eating. That's my favorite. 
Speaking in a Scottish accent and dying my hair red are tight contenders, though. 


6. City or country girl?
I love the peace and serenity of the country, but I have a weakness for the downtown and restaurant feel of the city. Give me coffeeshops for now, please. 

7. What’s something you’ve accomplished in the past year that you’re proud of? 
 I became a photographer.



 I took a photography class the past semester and fell even more in love with photography  The best words I heard all year were my professor's: "Miss Dalton, we need to talk about your future in photography." I finally realized that I had a knack for it and that I wasn't as horrible as I thought. 

8. Of all the places you’ve actually been to in the world, which is your favorite? Why?
Carmel + San Francisco in California. Oh my...that trip deserves an entire series of posts, but I loved everything: the amazing, fresh, local and organic food, the relaxed + bohemian style, the coffeeshops, the COLD weather, and the beautiful Pacific ocean.



I cannot wait to return.

9. White or red wine?
Red all the way - it's much fuller, richer, and bolder. Maybe it's a personality thing. ;)

10. Where would you like to see yourself five years from now?
In five years, I hope to have graduated with good grades; to have attended blogging and food conferences; to served as leadership for retreats; 
to have published my YA fiction novel;
to be giving talks about modesty and fashion; 
to have performed on Broadway;
for this little blog to grow and improve constantly;
to have studied abroad in England, France, and Italy;
 to be a freelance food/lifestyle/fashion writer and photographer; 
to have met some of my favorite bloggers;
to have interned in New York; 
to have made several small films (directed and acted in);
to have written a cookbook;
above all, doing what I love;
and to have hopefully met someone who might end up being my husband. :)

(Ahem. I clearly have some lofty goals, but I believe in shooting for the moon!)

I cannot wait to fall in love, get married, and have kids, but I also want to treasure this current season of being a single young adult and living these years to the fullest. I want my love life to happen on God's time, not mine, so I don't want to waste the gifts He's given me by just waiting around for "Mr. Right" to fall from the sky. There's too much to do and so much Life to be lived. I cannot wait to see what adventures the next five years hold.


I'm leaving this open to anyone who wants to play along...feel free to award yourself and answer the questions below!

1) What's your favorite wardrobe piece that you can't stop wearing? 
2) Are you a coffee or tea girl?
3) What are the five best books you've read this year?
4) Do you wear makeup during the summer or go natural? 
5) What are three blogs you can't get enough of?
6) If you have a smartphone, what style is your case? Functional and simple or bright and stylish? 
7) Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Star Trek) or Richard Armitage (North and South, The Hobbit)?
8) Do you like classical music?
9) Have you seen The Great Gatsby? If so, what did you think of it?
10) What is your blog about? I'd love to check it out!

Leave a comment if you answered the questions on your blog or feel free to answer them here...I'd love to hear your answers!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that photography is actually amazing! :)God bless you!


    http://garlicgraffiti.blogspot.ca/2013/07/scrumptious.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! So nice to meet another 'Grace.' :) Looking forward to checking out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I've heard so many lovely things about Carmel from my dad. It was his family's favorite vacation spot when he was a kid. I lived in SF for close to a year, but haven't yet been to Carmel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so beautiful! One of the highlights of the trip...I definitely recommend you and Peter go next time you're back in CA!

      Delete
  3. http://teentravelr.blogspot.com/2013/07/scrumptious-blog-award.html

    This was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining, Addi! It was such fun reading your answers. :)

      Delete