Modest Monday + Catholic Apolos Article

Happy Monday, friends! Hope your day is going well...I'm finished with my summer classes, so now I have a chance to relax for a bit and catch up on some writing work and photography.

 I also have some exciting news - I'm honored to be featured in an online Catholic magazine called Catholic Apolos, not once (I'm mentioned on page 12), but twice! You can find my article on modesty and some of my favorite modest outfits from the blog here.

A huge thank you to Michelle who helms the blog and magazine for allowing me to write for Catholic Apolos! If you haven't yet, I suggest you check it out...it's a wonderful resource for tips and information about the Catholic faith with everything from modesty to saints to how to lead a healthy prayer life.



 Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post. Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit. 

Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion and style for purity. 
 Modesty does not equal frumpy. This is my way of showing that modesty can be fashionable and pretty. I'm a girl determined to live a life of 
purity, 
modesty, 
and plenty of style. 

__________________________________

It's Monday, which means the start of a new week...and if you're like me, you just want to take it easy. This is one of my favorite types of outfits (read: little to no effort), but still stylish and comfortable. 


Cardigan// thrifted
Camisole// thrifted
Heels// thrifted
Skirt// thrifted
Belt// gift from a friend
Bangles// Forever 21 and gift

As you can see, most of my entire outfit is from a thrift store - I love telling people the true statement that 90% of my wardrobe is from thrift stores when I get a compliment on my outfit. Fashion doesn't have to be outrageously expensive!



I love pairing deep rich colors with metallic like this swingy TARDIS blue cardigan with gold bangles and a knotted belt - sometimes a touch of gold is all you need to accessorize an outfit. I love this top because it is ridiculously soft and flowing. And it has pockets.
Win. 


I recently redyed my hair red with henna (a natural, plant-based dye). I decided not to let it sit as long as I did last time, which resulted in a dark auburn reddish brown. If you're looking to go red, I highly recommend using henna! It doesn't contain any harsh chemicals or artificial ingredients, fades in a very gradual but natural-looking way, and produces a different result for everyone. All in all, it's a great way to test the redhead waters.


If I was running errands, going to lunch, or heading over to a friend's house, I'd probably wear ballerina flats (my go-to daily shoe, despite being under 5' foot). However, add a pair of heels and you're instantly ready for church, a meeting, or work if you're required to dress nicely.

And yes, I am wearing brown with black. I not-so-secretly love that color combination and refuse to listen to the fashion rule of no brown with black. Like "No white after Labor Day," I tend to view most age-old fashion rules as suggestions. Fashion is about your style - you make your own rules and set your own trends.


If we all adhered to the same guidelines when it came to color and structure, the world would be a very drab dressed place. So have fun experimenting with fashion - don't confine yourself within a box of do's and don't's!


My littlest brother, who got drafted as the official camerabag assistant, wanted to jump in on the photo action...king of the soulful gaze, right here. Clearly, we're related due to our penchant for making faces. 


As especially evident by this picture. Keeping it classy, one modest and sassy outfit at a time. 
________________________________________________________


Your turn! Show me your Modest Monday. Snap a picture of your outfit (it can be as casual or gussied up as you want) and leave the link to your blog in the comments below.

Don't have a blog?
 Email (raewyn83@gmail.com)
 Instagram (raewyn83) 
or Tweet (@GracefulEats) 
me a pic of your outfit with hashtag #modestmoday if you'd like to see it featured on the blog!

{Catching up on Modest Monday? Check out all the previous weeks here.}


Comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 29, 2013

    Grace,
    Why are you so gosh darn cute and precious?
    So glad I stumbled upon the fact that you keep a blog! This will be perfect to help me keep up with you now that we aren't at AA98 :/

    Love,
    Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, sweet lady! I'm so glad we'll be able to keep up even if I'm not at A&M - love you! :)

      Delete
  2. I love how your hair turned out! It's very subtle and natural-looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria. I used an artificial cheap dye the first time - I'm much happier with the end result of henna!

      Delete
  3. I dyed my hair with henna too only I used mahogany and I really wished I had used red! The color does not show up as well in my hair as in yours but my hair is softer and healthier than it has ever been!!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!