Modest Monday: Pink in the City

Monday, June 10, 2013


 Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post. Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit. 

Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion and style for purity. 
 Modesty does not equal frumpy. This is my way of showing that modesty can be fashionable and pretty. I'm a girl determined to live a life of 
purity, 
modesty, 
and plenty of style. 
__________________________________


I've always loved Houston - the urban downtown feel and sleek architecture, and of course, all the shopping in the Galleria. 

So when two friends of mine suggested a day trip to the city, I couldn't resist!


 Cameron Durham, a fabulous photographer and art student based out of Houston, his brother Adrian (an  extremely talented ballet student), and I to managed hit the Texas streets in style. 

Started the day with breakfast at Whole Foods: iced raspberry mocha, fritatta + cinnamon rolls. Perfection. 


 We caught the bus downtown.



Talk about colorful commuters...



Adrian and I, mid-shopping. It was a complete accident that our bags matched our respective outfits.

Nordstrom scarves.


Navy + white polka dot vintage shirt//thrifted
Fuchsia velvet skirt//thrifted
Belt//thrifted
Jewelry// The Icing

The beautiful photography was shot by Cameron  (except for the Instagram pics, which are mine).  So delighted to have him participate in a Modest Monday shoot!


I found this skirt at Goodwill ($4-$5) and fell head over heels with the color and texture. It was a bit loose, but I knew a belt would fix that in a pinch. The color and lush look reminds me of Grace Kelly, so I wanted to carry over the vintage feel with the polka dots. 


And I couldn't go to Houston and not do some damage! Kate Spade has my heart...I even matched the bag (and the entire store, in all honesty - I adore the brand's bright vibrant colors). <3 p="">


We worked up quite an appetite shopping, so we headed to Ruggles Green, a delicious cozy little place featuring vegetarian and organic food. Cameron and I split their fantastic veggie burger with sea salt-sprinkled sweet potato fries as well as a gloriously mouthwatering feta + pesto veggie pizza with arugula. We came close to burying our faces in it. It was that good. Adrian ordered a onion and Swiss panini that was excellent as well. 


Instagraming the goodness. 

 Dessert, even though we were stuffed: luscious carrot cake + vanilla bean ice cream.

All in all, it was the perfect end to a lovely trip with the Durham brothers...always love hanging out with those two. They're fellow vegetarian and art enthusiasts. We laughed more than we should have, ate a ridiculous amount of good food, and held our own, style-wise in the city.

What's your favorite outfit to wear when you travel? Do you keep it casual or dress up in bigger cities? 
__________________________________________________________


Your turn! Show me your Modest Monday. Link up your outfit (it can be as casual or gussied up as you want).

Don't have a blog?
 Email (raewyn83@gmail.com)
 Instagram (raewyn83) 
or Tweet (@GracefulEats) 
me a pic of your outfit with hashtag #modestmoday if you'd like to see it featured on the blog!

{Catching up on Modest Monday? Check out all the previous weeks here.}

7 comments:

  1. What an incredible outfit! :) It looks like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda - I need to add the link to your outfit post!

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace (heh, nice to meet another one)! I'm a huge polka dot fan. :)

      Delete
  3. How cute! Love this look on you! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I'm your newest follower <3 Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words and the follow, Alex! Love your blog and am following it! <3

      Delete
  4. I keep wanting to link up with you and I am determined it will happen soon! :) I am also delighted to learn you are a fellow vegetarian!!! I love the outfit as always. I' so glad your back for the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete