Modest Monday: Raindrops and Roses & Valentine's Day Style



 Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post. Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit. 

Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion and style for purity. 
 Modesty does not equal frumpy. This is my way of showing that modesty can be fashionable and pretty. I'm a girl determined to live a life of 
purity, 
modesty, 
and plenty of style. 
__________________________________


It's quite grey and gloomy over here, so I'm currently at a round little table in Starbucks, happily clicking and typing away. Dean's crooning on Pandora, I'm wearing tall black leather boots, editing pics since I'm finished with classes, and actively choosing to be happy during this delightful moment.

It's a good day.

It's also Monday - but it's somehow all right! And it's the week of Valentine's Day! Which means...


Hello, red! And pink. And burgundy. And mauve. And every rich romantic shade...'tis the week to wear them in all their glory. I've been taking full advantage of wearing pink and red during the month of February so far. And I finally got around to getting some pictures of myself!

And what else says Valentine's Day and love like roses?


Dress: Ross
Leggings: from a friend who cleaned out her closet
Boots: thrifted
Cardigan: Goodwill (thrifted)
Rose veil: gift from friend
Ring: The Icing
Lipstick: L'Oreal


I adore this dress - I found it over winter break and got it for the sole purpose of wearing it for Valentine's Day (although I'll certainly be wearing it more than that). 


Even though it was grey and drizzly, I decided to dress up anyways. I always love wearing bright BOLD colors on rainy days. Adds a bit of pop to the day!

~~~~~~~~~
In honor of Valentine's Day, I captured  outfits around campus featuring pink and red ...so here's some pictures of Valentine's Day style!



Red + fuchsia velvet flats in Austin. Zee bows...I die. 



An outfit's not complete without a stylish way to zip around...





Pink dress + pink nails. A definite must!



Stumbled upon this adorable couple at the local coffeeshop - meet Michelle and Caleb! 


She goes to A&M and he's in Dallas, so they meet up halfway for dates. And they both wore red by complete accident. How sweet are they?


Three cheers for true love!

Hope you all had a marvelous Monday! I certainly did. After all, rainy days, cozy chai lattes, and dresses with roses have a way of making the day brighter. And they just happen to be a few of my favorite things... ;)

Comments

  1. Wow, what a beautiful veil!! Good for you having the class and confidence to wear something that awesome. You look lovely!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clare! Isn't it lovely? My best friend made it for me for Christmas...I definitely felt very Hepburnish or like Grace Kelly when I wore it. Much love to you!

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit!

    Here is my first Modest Monday post!
    http://amandabethrose.blogspot.com/2013/02/modest-monday-on-friday-with-outfit-i.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love yours so much also - you look STUNNING! I'll be sure to add it. xoxox

      Delete

Post a Comment

'lo!

Please keep in mind words can make one's day, or ruin it...so be kind..thank you!